Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sorry, been going through the pictures from last night's xmas party at my house, and this picture just struck me googley eyed. All I did was enhance/retouch it in iPhoto, and shrink it 50% in Photoshop. Thoughts?!

Attachments

• BabyNephewPhotographer.jpg
    BabyNephewPhotographer.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 293

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Everyone, now!
1.. 2.. 3.. AWWW!!!!!!

I love babies and I love babies that take pictures!!
(my nephew just woke me up and said "I won't punch you in the face" :rolleyes: whatever)

BABIES! AWW!

*pinches cheek*

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
His face says:

"I'm brilliant, I'm intense, and I'm going to kick your butt."

Adorable. :)

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
katie ta achoo said:
Everyone, now!
1.. 2.. 3.. AWWW!!!!!!

I love babies and I love babies that take pictures!!
(my nephew just woke me up and said "I won't punch you in the face" :rolleyes: whatever)

BABIES! AWW!

*pinches cheek*

Note to self, don't let katie near my cousins.
:p

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
runninmac said:
Note to self, don't let katie near my cousins.
:p

Aww.. babies!

I keep pinching my nephew's cheeks.
If I can't be the stereotypical aunt, there's no point in doing it!

...I'm also learning magic tricks to baffle him.
Also, how to count cards when playing go fish.
MUAHAHAH!

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
w_parietti22 said:
Awwww... :)

I found the background of this pic to be a little distracting...

<snip>

I am going to disagree with you on this, which I suspect it is a matter of preference, but personally I believe that the background in the original photo kind of tells the whole story. By looking at the baby with a solid black background you do not know it is the holiday season and that he is playing with a new toy. However, there is kind of a blur in the back because obviously that wasn't the point of the picture, but we notice the blur and then we notice what is going on.

Atleast that is how I see it... just a thought.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
maestro55 said:
I am going to disagree with you on this, which I suspect it is a matter of preference, but personally I believe that the background in the original photo kind of tells the whole story.
AGREED.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Original poster
dogbone said:
Go easy on the iPhoto retouching. The highlights have been badly clipped, which sort of ruin an otherwise good shot.
Sorry I haven't replied, I've been in New Orleans, and having internet access is a luxury here as volunteers.

I didn't notice I had clipped the highlights, I did the autofix. The colors were a little faded in the original. (speaking from an uncle's point of view ^^)

I forget the F-stop, I can look up the original EXIF in a bit. Thanks for all the comments!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.