PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle recognization problems

TheMasin9
Dec 26, 2005, 10:49 PM
i have a friend who just got an ipod shuffle, and it hasnt been treating her well. im pretty sure she has a dell box and she has the latest verseion of itunes on the machine. she has tried plugging the shuffle in every usb port and uninstalling reinstalling itunes. No dice, any ideas out there.

840quadra
Dec 26, 2005, 11:28 PM
i have a friend who just got an ipod shuffle, and it hasnt been treating her well. im pretty sure she has a dell box and she has the latest verseion of itunes on the machine. she has tried plugging the shuffle in every usb port and uninstalling reinstalling itunes. No dice, any ideas out there.

The issue sounds like something more in the realm of windows as opposed to the Shuffle / iTunes. Does the Shuffle show up in Device Manager, or in the "Safely remove / eject Hardware" on the taskbar when it is connected?

It may be a good idea to check for this.

supersoft
Jan 30, 2006, 09:39 PM
I have a Dell also with XP sp2 and My Shuffle has the same problems.

My Shuffle appears in the "Safely remove / eject Hardware" but the install never see's it. I disabled the Norton Anti-Virus and Un-installed and re-installed about 20 times with the same results. I went to an apple store and they tested the shuffle and it's okay and they updated the software in it.

I have a USB 2.0 PCI adapter with a belkin 7-port USB hub. I tried all USB ports and all the ports work with other devices.

Any other Idea's?

Thanks.

frankblundt
Jan 30, 2006, 10:02 PM
maybe it's a mac formatted Shuffle? What happens when you run the iPod updater? does it see it to be able to do a restore on it?