PDA

View Full Version : Do you play iPod games?

betbest1
Dec 30, 2005, 12:37 AM
Do you play games on your iPod (either the included ones, the "secret" one on old iPods, or using podzilla)? I play Solitaire on my 2G Mini, but I need the backlight to see the difference between "red" (50% gray) and black cards. Also, the icon for clubs looks really weird on the Mini's small screen.

katie ta achoo
Dec 30, 2005, 12:39 AM
I beat solitaire once.
I've played it about 80 times.
I ONLY BEAT IT ONCE! Ahhh!

it's a good time waster, but has kinda bad controls.

~Shard~
Dec 30, 2005, 12:41 AM
Nah, I only use mine for music. For that matter, I hardly use any of the other features, games or otherwise, on my iPod. My Address Book is on there for instance, but I never have needed to check it. :o

Supercross
Dec 30, 2005, 12:43 AM
I've played the music quiz game a few times, its pretty interesting because it reminds you of songs you totally forgot were on your iPod.

betbest1
Dec 30, 2005, 01:00 AM
I beat solitaire once.
I've played it about 80 times.
I ONLY BEAT IT ONCE! Ahhh!

it's a good time waster, but has kinda bad controls.
Agreed. I wish you could double-click to put cards up top like in Windows Solitaire. It's just such a pain at the end to put all the cards up. And I've beaten it more than once :p

mduser63
Dec 30, 2005, 01:07 AM
I play Solitaire pretty often and occasionally Brick and Parachute. I've beaten Solitaire many times. I must say, Solitaire is MUCH better on the video iPods than on the old 4G monochrome iPods. I actually like the old Parachute better though; I think the control is smoother.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Dec 30, 2005, 05:48 AM
I once strayed into the games section on my mini. Tried a couple of the games, found them utterly stupid (even a few of the lame games on my SonyEricsson T68i are better). Won't be doing that again... ;)

Darwin
Dec 30, 2005, 06:09 AM
I usually play Brick and Parachute, can't stand playing Solitaire with the scroll wheel :p

Linam
Dec 30, 2005, 07:01 AM
I think there should be doenloadable games like the widgets for it.

liquidh2o
Dec 30, 2005, 07:47 AM
whenever I'm on a flight somewhere I usually play solitaire with the music playing, good time killer.

GrannySmith_G5
Dec 30, 2005, 08:18 AM
I just beat doom 7 on my new ipod. took me 18 hours of straight playing. When I was done I still had half battery bar left.

Jagsfan6116
Dec 30, 2005, 09:22 AM
I usually play solitaire if I do play games. I played it about 4-5 times and won 1 time.. usually never finished. I can't play that brick game cus it is hard.

840quadra
Dec 30, 2005, 09:27 AM
Solitaire , and music quiz all the time on my Nano, and a few times on the 5G and my 3G

JonHimself
Dec 30, 2005, 09:01 PM
I tried solitaire and just got annoyed... brick as well, i just couldn't get a good feel out of it. I do, however, LOVE music quiz. PLaying alone is great and its fun too see how much of my music I actually know (though some songs I get by process of elimination.. ie knowing the other songs listed and know that it isn't one of them) but try playing that in your car through the speakers on a road trip! Pretty fun!!

2nyRiggz
Dec 30, 2005, 09:02 PM
nope i dont, those ipod games suck and get boring really fast

Bless

Nermal
Dec 30, 2005, 09:18 PM
I play Patience (Solitaire for the Americans :p) and Doom :D

amemoryoncelost
Dec 30, 2005, 09:23 PM
I think I'd be more into the games if they had something that would keep me entertained for more than 30 minutes at the most and that was a very boring day, haha. I keep hearing rumors that apple is going to start putting more into games, but ehh...