PDA

View Full Version : My new site

mjstew33
Dec 31, 2005, 03:55 PM
http://mjstew.net

What do you think about it?

amacgenius
Dec 31, 2005, 04:05 PM
Nice Rapidweaver theme there, just learn some basic CSS and HTML and tweak it to your liking :).

Daveway
Dec 31, 2005, 04:50 PM
I love Rapid Weaver.:)

My suggestion would be to look into coding the css so that the header etc doesn't take up so much space. There's a lot going on until you get to the meat-n-potatos.

dornoforpyros
Dec 31, 2005, 04:51 PM
I dig your photos, very nice stuff

ITASOR
Dec 31, 2005, 04:54 PM
Man, you take nice pictures!

mjstew33
Dec 31, 2005, 05:50 PM
I've updated a few things - added a "video." section and added a little something to the photography part...

Thanks
I dig your photos, very nice stuff
Thanks

mkrishnan
Dec 31, 2005, 06:09 PM
Nice work, sir! :)

pknz
Dec 31, 2005, 06:21 PM
http://mjstew.net

What do you think about it?

Well I didnt think much of it because I'm not much of a thinker. Aside from that it looked good and the pics were swell. The blog was a bit disappointing:p

20rogersc
Dec 31, 2005, 06:33 PM
Looks great. Only suggestion is to make the header a bit smaller.
Love the photography. Keep it up!

::20ROGERSC::

ChicoWeb
Dec 31, 2005, 08:08 PM
Didn't load for me :(

maya
Dec 31, 2005, 08:29 PM

I like the waterfall pictures the best. :)

jmufellow
Dec 31, 2005, 09:12 PM
"I've always been interested in photography..."

"I've always been interested in video..."

I'd change one of them, it's redundant. Sorry to be so nit-picky! But really cool site. I like the pics. :)

JW8725
Dec 31, 2005, 10:07 PM
Yo whats the camera you have there? Takes a fine shot, I've emailed you!

jmufellow
Dec 31, 2005, 11:26 PM
Yo whats the camera you have there? Takes a fine shot, I've emailed you!
He says on his site:
"I use a Sony DSC-W7 digital camera - These pictures were taken with a 4MP Panasonic camera."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 12:28 AM
He says on his site:
"I use a Sony DSC-W7 digital camera - These pictures were taken with a 4MP Panasonic camera."

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Those pictures were taken with a 4MP digital camera... now as a replacement I have a DSC-W7. ;)

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 12:29 AM
"I've always been interested in photography..."

"I've always been interested in video..."

I'd change one of them, it's redundant. Sorry to be so nit-picky! But really cool site. I like the pics. :)
heh! i changed that in the update i was supposed to load. Hmmm.. maybe i deleted it somehow. i know i loaded it... :rolleyes:... i'm off to fix :o

RossoUK: I never got an e-mail. I think there is a problem with the e-mail fields. If you want, just email matt [aT] mjstew [dOt] net

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 12:47 AM
I love Rapid Weaver.:)

My suggestion would be to look into coding the css so that the header etc doesn't take up so much space. There's a lot going on until you get to the meat-n-potatos.
Ok - this is embarassing, but how the heck do I do that? Anyone care to help?

20rogersc
Jan 1, 2006, 05:45 AM
Is it possible have a high res version of the photo in the blog (http://mjstew.net/blog/blog.html)'s heading? It's awesome!

amacgenius
Jan 1, 2006, 10:47 AM
Nevermind...

ITASOR
Jan 1, 2006, 10:55 AM
RossoUK: I never got an e-mail. I think there is a problem with the e-mail fields.

Are you even getting anything directly sent to that e-mail address? I told you before that the problem is that you probably enabled both redirecting to your other e-mail address AND made that an account. I'm pretty sure you can only do one or the other. I don't think you can receive messages in webmail AND have them redirected to another e-mail address. Try what I said before and set a catch all address which forwards to your outside e-mail address. If you can't do it (it's kinda complicated) I'll try it for you.

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 11:16 AM
Is it possible have a high res version of the photo in the blog (http://mjstew.net/blog/blog.html)'s heading? It's awesome!

No, sorry. That was part of a theme. :(

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 11:22 AM
Seeing as MR is a popular forum, I wouldn't post a link to your email address like that, spambots probably crawl this place, instead use something like this:

matt [aT] mjstew [dOt] net
Ok... this email address is just one that I made real quick from the website's cPanel. I did change it though.

jmufellow
Jan 1, 2006, 12:48 PM
Nice changes! keep up the good work :)

UKnjb
Jan 1, 2006, 02:40 PM
Hi!
Me, I liked your site a lot; very clean and uncluttered with unnecessary 'stuff'. And awesome photographs.
If you are REALLY looking for constructive feedback (not to be confused with carping criticism), may I point out two typos?
In your Photography page, you have in the blurb " ---- Here are a few pictures I took in Hawaii. I just took a few out - to many." It should be too many.
Similarly, in the Video page, you write " ----- because most of the movies I do are either: to big to put on the site". It should be too big.
Picky comments, maybe, but I hope you appreciate I am trying to be helpful.
I hope you get to do some more. And Happy New Year.

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 03:32 PM
Hi!
Me, I liked your site a lot; very clean and uncluttered with unnecessary 'stuff'. And awesome photographs.
If you are REALLY looking for constructive feedback (not to be confused with carping criticism), may I point out two typos?
In your Photography page, you have in the blurb " ---- Here are a few pictures I took in Hawaii. I just took a few out - to many." It should be too many.
Similarly, in the Video page, you write " ----- because most of the movies I do are either: to big to put on the site". It should be too big.
Picky comments, maybe, but I hope you appreciate I am trying to be helpful.
I hope you get to do some more. And Happy New Year.
Thanks - I'll change them now. :)

JW8725
Jan 1, 2006, 03:37 PM
Any more pics on Hawaii to share with us? The place looks the biz!

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 04:05 PM
The site is updated!

Any more pics on Hawaii to share with us? The place looks the biz!

I guess I can add some... :o

mjstew33
Jan 1, 2006, 04:39 PM
Ok - the site's updated with a few more pictures. :)

EDIT: I updated the site more. I added an "about." page and some minor improvements. :)

mjstew33
Jan 2, 2006, 03:37 PM
I added more to the photography, see for yourself. :)

GhostFace
Jan 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
Cool Site.

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 23, 2006, 09:08 PM
Never know if one is stepping on toes here on MR or not. But instead of creating another thread, I decided to post my new web home link in lilstewart92's (http://homepage.mac.com/jlenkiewicz/) for comments.

Thanks

BTW, this is the blog on my thoughts of RapidWeaver http://homepage.mac.com/jlenkiewicz/blogs/apple/applestuff.html