Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gtf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
some stuff went wrong on my itunes, and now my ipod nano isnt displaying images or album covers properly. everything is fine on itunes, but on my ipod, the images are all jumbled up and misplaced. i have tried resetting the album covers on the songs that are having this problem, but it doesnt work.

is there a way to wipe my ipod of everything on it without emptying my library? also, would this problem have to do with the ipod, or would it be something in my computer? all the album covers are perfect on my computer, so im leaning towards the ipod, but i still have no idea. thanks in advance.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Are you on a Macintosh or Windows computer?

You will need the program called iPod updater, that program will format your ipod, and load it with a fresh system. On a Macintosh the application will be nested in the Utilities folder, within your normal applications folder.

gtf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
im running on windows xp. where would i go about finding this program? and just to clarify, it will format my ipod and not my library, correct?

gtf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
thank you very much! and while the program is downloading, do you think this will solve the problem? have you heard of one like this before?

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
gtf said:
thank you very much! and while the program is downloading, do you think this will solve the problem? have you heard of one like this before?

I haven't, and I have had my nano since Apple's first shipment. I am running a Macintosh formatted nano, and also use it with my macs. It may be a fluke issue, but I would search these forums, and or other sites for that answer.

There is a good chance that formatting it and starting over will resolve the problem though.

Good luck, and happy iPodding. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.