PDA

View Full Version : Stuck over iBook Applecare and uni

john_satc
Jan 4, 2006, 12:57 PM
Well, last January I managed to save up quite a large amount of money for me which was for a holiday to NYC but I didn't go so I bought an iBook 12" with the money on Jan 30th. I didn't get Applecare with it, thinking I would during the next year sometime. The iBook was bought for university, which I am starting this coming September. I have realised now I bough the iBook way to early but I know if I hadn't got it then, I would have a spent the money on something useless (I have an inability to save).
Now I am stuck, and have been thinking that by the time I head off to university (another 9 months away) I will want another iBook with more power and larger screen. The one I have now is great, but the screen is slightly small - I use the families iMac 20" when I need the real estate.

So the issue is, do I get the Applecare knowing in 9 months I might sell the iBook - will it have been a good investment. If I sell the iBook and it comes with the remaining 16 months Applecare will it be worth more than an iBook without Applecare - and by how much?

Thanks,
Jon

shadowmoses
Jan 4, 2006, 03:12 PM
Hard call, i'd ay pick up the appelcare for 100 on eBay even if you do end up selling it, you will get more as an iBook with applecare is very attractive to potential buyers...

SHadow

aquajet
Jan 4, 2006, 03:31 PM
You say you may want another iBook in 9 months, but do you think you'll need another one?

Regardless, the extended applecare will always add resale value to your computer should you decide to sell it later.

john_satc
Jan 4, 2006, 03:46 PM
Well usually my urges of wanting something take over me, and I find a way of getting them, by any means.

Anyway, I have been looking round ebay uk and froogle, and I am confused as to what code Applecare I need. Some sites are saying the US Applecard packages won't work here, so I am a bit worried about that. What code should I be looking for?
Cheers
joN