Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
So I purchased the plus. Love it, however, my phone died and then I flipped on the switch and only got it to 94% from dead. I didn't use the phone either. Do I have a dud? Should I return it?

Wondering what others get from their juice pack plus.

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
It was fully charged. So the juice pack needs to be cycled a few times?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
only change up to 80% I read a few places (including the instructions that came with the juice pack plus) that after 80% it takes longer and needs more power to change your phone. So after 80% shut off the juice pack, and don’t wat for the phone to die, start charging it at 20-30%, and you’ll get more out of the external battery.

Also you're probably using it as it's charging, so that will also lessen the battery.

Last edited:

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Last question you guys recommend the air over the plus or really doesn't make too much of a difference. Was thinking of going air instead if it's much slimmer. If it's not then I'll stick with the plus.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Mophie Juice Pack Plus

Last question you guys recommend the air over the plus or really doesn't make too much of a difference. Was thinking of going air instead if it's much slimmer. If it's not then I'll stick with the plus.

Save your money and get the unu power DX for more power than the mophie plus.
Just trying to get your money's worth:)
uNu Power DX External Protective Battery Case for iPhone 5s / iPhon... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B1UQBGA/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_XsJdtb13CV2XV

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009

My wife has the Air and I think that works well. It delivers enough power and its too big.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.