PDA

View Full Version : powerbook 15", to buy or not to buy

ThomasM
Jan 6, 2006, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone!

i have been thinking of buying a powerbook for quite some time, and now i have finally gotten so far that i have one layed off at a macstore in a town i will be visiting tomorrow.since im based in norway, they are quite expensive, general price is about $2300 with student discount for a 15" pb.
i will either buy one tomorrow or wait for the intel pb version.
could someone please hand over some good tips ? i honestly dont know what to do, buy one now or wait for the new models.

i am currently on a 1,73ghz,1gb pc 4200,gf6600go, 15"4 laptop.
reasons for switching: i love my ipod and i love the powerbook design, i spent some time with os x when i was in the military for 1year, i grew quite fond of it. i will be selling my portable pc, so basicly i will be paying around $1000 for the powerbook.

20-25% smaller, faster, slightly cheaper, better battery life and less heat does sound very tempting

York-Diuck
Jan 6, 2006, 01:03 PM
There are numerous threads that deal with this same question in the forum, I suggest sorting through them, they have some good points and ideas and because there are so many there is a variety of different perspectives:)

Arcus
Jan 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
Not!! We are only days from MacWorld. Wait and see what happens!!

ThomasM
Jan 6, 2006, 01:09 PM
There are numerous threads that deal with this same question in the forum, I suggest sorting through them, they have some good points and ideas and because there are so many there is a variety of different perspectives:)

yeah i know, i spent some time reading threads in the last 5-6 pages.
just wanted to create a similar topic so that someone could push me in the right direction.

ThomasM
Jan 6, 2006, 01:12 PM
Not!! We are only days from MacWorld. Wait and see what happens!!

aye,probably the best idea.
hope there will be some news for when it will be launched.