PDA

View Full Version : Convert Apple Lossless to Mp3 tool?

Greenjeens
Jan 6, 2006, 02:50 PM
I've been an audio snob and looks like I'm paying for it. Never was into mp3's, but sure is easier to to find a CD player that will play mp3 files than dealing with a car DVD player without a screen. Navigation without the screen isn't easy.

Anyway, I want to convert some of my Apple Lossless Encoded files to mp3. ITunes doesn't work, Toast 7 doesn't work. Audio Hijack Pro works but only converts in real time so it's very slow. I've searched these forums without success.

What's the correct audio tool for a ALE to mp3 conversion?
iTunes compatibiltiy would be nice.

Thank You,
Dave

Blue Velvet
Jan 6, 2006, 02:53 PM
Why doesn't iTunes work for this conversion process? It works for me and countless others here. :confused:

Edit: To clarify...

You first need to change your importing preferences within iTunes, through Preferences > Advanced > Importing. Select 'MP3 encoder' at your preferred bit rate and close the Preferences window. Then select the tracks that you want to convert, and go Advanced > Convert Selection to MP3.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2029601&postcount=3

Greenjeens
Jan 6, 2006, 10:30 PM
Why doesn't iTunes work for this conversion process? It works for me and countless others here. :confused:

Edit: To clarify...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2029601&postcount=3

OOPS. Missed the "convert selection to mp3" option in advanced tab. I'm always playing with the "advanced settings" in preferences, just didn't see that option because it was greyed out and I expected an on the fly conversion to mp3 when trying to burn, but only got error messages that said I had to start with mp3 files first to burn an mp3 disc..
Embarrassed but very relieved.

Thanks for taking the time to point out what's so obvious now.
-
Dave

cgratti
Jan 7, 2006, 12:31 AM
OOPS. Missed the "convert selection to mp3" option in advanced tab. I'm always playing with the "advanced settings" in preferences, just didn't see that option because it was greyed out and I expected an on the fly conversion to mp3 when trying to burn, but only got error messages that said I had to start with mp3 files first to burn an mp3 disc..
Embarrassed but very relieved.

Thanks for taking the time to point out what's so obvious now.
-
Dave

Dont worry about it, alot of people miss that stuff. The important thing is you got what you needed and now know where to find it.