Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lanray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
Last night I'm typing away on MS Word in Windows, because that's what we have at work. I don't know what I did, but I went capitalize some letter, and I must've hit the wrong key. The computer gave a message like, "You have locked this computer. Only .....so and so who logged in..... can unlock this AMAZINGLY STUPID FEATURE!" I was sweating bullets. I mean, a good 20 minutes of work, at 2am; you don't want to go losing this. Luckily whoever it was had the same password as their login, so all wasn't lost. Still. Dumb, dumb feature to attach to such an easily typed mistype. Has never happened with my Mac, of course. ;)

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Windows Flag + L

In XP its the temporary log out for fast user switching, in other versions the key combination locks the computer.

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
dotdotdot said:
Windows Flag + L

In XP its the temporary log out for fast user switching, in other versions the key combination locks the computer.

Actually, it locks the computer in XP as well, if you disabled fast user switching. It will go to the welcome screen if you have that enabled, otherwise it will show the message above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.