PDA

View Full Version : Need a good Lock for PowerBook...Suggestion?

DevilDog
Jan 8, 2006, 07:25 PM
Just wanted to buy a lock for my 12" PowerBook so my stupid mom would quit taking it away. Which ones are the most lock-pick proof? I heard there was one that was practically invincible, but don't know the name. At least which company is most reputable? Thanks.

ITASOR
Jan 8, 2006, 07:27 PM
How old are you? Maybe you're doing things that deserve getting your PB taken away...why not just stop doing the things she doesn't like?

Blackheart
Jan 8, 2006, 07:31 PM
I'm also curious how old you are. You might be thankful that they've been so kind as to buy you a computer.

And as to your sig:
There's no such thing as an Ex-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

DevilDog
Jan 8, 2006, 10:16 PM
I'm 16. I paid half of the PowerBook with McCash. I dislike my Mom so I try to stay in my room but she always comes and instigates things. You wouldn't understand. I'd have to write an essay on it. Anyway... About the lock? I had been wanting to get one before that.

Blackheart
Jan 8, 2006, 10:24 PM
To secure the computers at my work, we use Kensington MicroSaver locks.

http://us.kensington.com/html/1434.html

iBS23
Jan 8, 2006, 10:44 PM
No offense, but if she paid for part of it and you're doing something that warrants punishment, then grow up and deal with it. Plus, it isn't cool to steal your neighbors' internet connection.

In any event, here's the best lock IMHO:

http://www.pcguardiananti-theft.com/Notebook_Security/Notebook_Guardian_ComboLock_2200.html

adk
Jan 9, 2006, 12:32 AM
if your mom is really as psycho as you say she is (which I HIGHLY doubt), she'll be able to cut through pretty much any lock you buy anyways. Try listening.

Leareth
Jan 9, 2006, 01:07 AM
Get the Kensington ones with the screamer function, moving the computer causes it to scream in a very high pitched loud way... great for making people go away, though a class mate of mine dropped his GF's 12" PB that way when it started screaming and scared him...:rolleyes:
but basically any of the locks on the market can be dealt with in a matter of seconds, some you can undo with a pen cap.