PDA

View Full Version : song plays for a couple seconds on ipod and itunes then changes

pyrex
Jan 9, 2006, 04:28 PM
The problem I am having in itunes and on my ipod nano, is that with quite a few of my songs after playing 20 seconds, 50 seconds, just skips to the next song. While if I play it on a different program, VLC for example the song plays fine. Does anyone know why itunes and the ipod can't read the mp3's as well as other programs?

Mitthrawnuruodo
Jan 9, 2006, 04:32 PM
Well, iTunes and the iPods are quite picky, and if the mp3's have missing bits then VLC might be forgiving enough to ignore that, while iTunes skips to the next song...

I haven't had any problems with mp3s or aacs ripped with iTunes, though...

2nyRiggz
Jan 9, 2006, 04:36 PM
yes itunes has its nose in the air so if any of those files have a bad crack....itunes will skip over it in a heartbeat.

Bless

croshtique
Jan 9, 2006, 04:40 PM
Try re-importing the various tunes from the original CDs...

pyrex
Jan 9, 2006, 07:13 PM
going through a couple hundred gigs and getting cd's off friends and family (and ones sold on amazon) might be a problem. Thanks for the help though, is there any way (such as a plug-in) that itunes will take so that it doesnt skip? sort of a pain my ipod does it too though. I suppose thats just what happens when you have songs that are 6 years old and are thrown from hard drive to hard drive, and it slightly fragments over time.

Sedulous
Jan 9, 2006, 07:29 PM
I have a similar problem but it is limited to just one song. The difference is that iTunes plays it just fine but my nano will not play it at all.

dreamcast
Jan 9, 2006, 09:36 PM
My Powerbook using itunes to encode cd's was doing the same problem for every cd i encoded. at least one song would skip on the ipod but itunes would play the same exact song just fine. this skipping would happen on every cd i imported and was very frustrating. i bought the latest powerbook g4 that came out in october and i have no issues since thank god.