Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
This morning (UK time), I've been having problems viewing the Macrumors.com homepage.

Since I'm at university and behind a proxy, which has an irritating habit of caching certain sites, like MR, I always refresh the page in Safari after loading it. This is when the problems start.

Earlier, I was getting an error message saying something like "Address IP cannot be found", and now I'm just getting a blank page whenever I visit http://www.macrumors.com

:confused:

Edit:

Hmmm, seems to be working again - mind you, it did that earlier then stopped working.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I made a DNS error. it will take a few hours to correct itself. During that time the front page may not be accessible from your location.

sorry, and oops. :)
arn

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
arn said:
I made a DNS error. it will take a few hours to correct itself. During that time the front page may not be accessible from your location.

arn

OK, thanks for the (very!) quick reply :)

backspinner

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2002
Eindhoven
arn said:
I checked the DNS this morning myself after connection problems and saw that it didn't return any addresses and thought: oh-oh that must be a user error and will take some time...

I did that once myself with a customers site, he was not amused :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.