Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
HTC One (M8) RDJ talks Serious Design: http://youtu.be/bPNCzkTBEEs

I just love this ad and yes it does make me want to buy an M8.

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Lol, I like the ad a lot as well. The phone is just as good as the ad. You should definitely pick one up! I've been using it along with my Note 3 for almost 2 weeks and I find myself reaching for the M8 most of the time.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Lol, I like the ad a lot as well. The phone is just as good as the ad. You should definitely pick one up! I've been using it along with my Note 3 for almost 2 weeks and I find myself reaching for the M8 most of the time.

Wish I could. My parents upgrade me every two years and my current phone is the Nexus 4 sooooo, M9?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Meh, not bad, though HTC has mostly had misses with their marketing with Robert Downey Jr.

This isn't bad, but it doesn't really motivate me to choose this over an S5

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Meh, not bad, though HTC has mostly had misses with their marketing with Robert Downey Jr.

This isn't bad, but it doesn't really motivate me to choose this over an S5

The thing is, I don't think this ad was meant to tell you about features.

Iron man(I know that's not his name:p) telling us about this shiny futuristic looking phone, and its called the One M8? Hmmmmm let me have a look at it...

I think that's the response that HTC wanted. And they got that response from my parents and cousins so it works. They now are wanting to at least have a look at the One which I think immediately makes it a useful ad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.