View Full Version : Should I buy the iMac (isight) now, or wait for the next iMac (intel) upgrade?
Jan 11, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a dilemma. I have finally saved enough cash to buy an iMac (isight), but now the new iMac intels have just been released. My question is, should I continue and buy the iMac (isight model)? Or do you think it would be better to wait for the Rev. B of the intel iMac? From what I know it's not safe to buy the new iMacs because there are still issues to sort out with software and etc..
Jan 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
i say go for the iMac intel rev A right now. no reason to buy old technology. and apple is always quick to fix any problems with rev A models. any software will be fixed as well as more and more programs are released in universal binary. it sounds like everything will work now, but it might not be up to its full potential, but probably similar to the potential of a G5 iMac. but if you dont want to buy the rev A for some reason, go ahead and wait till the rev B. i just think it would be pointless to buy any PowerPC based mac right now
Jan 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
I completely agree with wPod. :)
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.