PDA

View Full Version : F@H: eMacs are online...finally!!!




Rower_CPU
Jan 10, 2003, 04:13 PM
Our lab of 31 eMacs (700 MHz) have joined our lab of Dells and other miscellaneous machines that mc68k and I contribute to the MR Folding effort. Expect to see a nice increase in output over the weekend. :D

Any bets on where the points per week will level off to?

I'll just be happy keeping a certain diminutive canine team from passing us. ;)



Over Achiever
Jan 10, 2003, 06:33 PM
As Homer Simpson would say...


Whoo-hoo!

Now if we can get that computer yzeater is referring to...we'll have great output!

medea
Jan 10, 2003, 07:47 PM
good to hear, should get us moving up again.

yzeater
Jan 10, 2003, 09:28 PM
Cray SV-1 may be folding for 3446 in a coupla weeks...let's hope

bousozoku
Jan 10, 2003, 09:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that the eMacs are folding. We need more Macintosh representation. Hopefully, this will help hold back the barbarians (a little while longer).

ecino1
Jan 10, 2003, 10:05 PM
Am I missing somthin? What is folding? Please let me know as i've seen it talked about here before but have no idea what it is. Thanks.

Over Achiever
Jan 11, 2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ecino1
Am I missing somthin? What is folding? Please let me know as i've seen it talked about here before but have no idea what it is. Thanks.

folding.stanford.edu

Rower_CPU
Jan 11, 2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by yzeater
Cray SV-1 may be folding for 3446 in a coupla weeks...let's hope

Now that would be something to see! :eek:

yzeater
Jan 11, 2003, 11:47 AM
How fast would the cray be able to fold? I think it's 8 500mHz CPU's and 32 gigs of ram..

amnesiac1984
Jan 11, 2003, 12:08 PM
sounds like it would be pretty fast to me!

Tiauguinho
Jan 12, 2003, 01:22 PM
Very Good News Rower! Im glad the new Lab of eMacs as come to the rescue!

yzeater, as soon as you have that Cray folding some WU's please benchmark it for us. It will be pretty interesting to see how fast does it go!

MrMacMan
Jan 13, 2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Tiauguinho
Very Good News Rower! Im glad the new Lab of eMacs as come to the rescue!

yzeater, as soon as you have that Cray folding some WU's please benchmark it for us. It will be pretty interesting to see how fast does it go!

My best guestimate Insane. :p

Yeah I'm doing my small part, over the weekends I leave my comp on, and every other night I leave it on so maybe I will get over (2?) lol.

Yeah the cray system would kick, heck anything we can get to hold off The Intel Using AMD XP users. :rolleyes: