Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wannabelean

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
I'm using the iPhone 5S and would like to get a bluetooth one. I've always been a fan of wired earphones because I feel their audio quality is unmatched. Bluetooth earphone users has there been any recent change in the quality of sound delivered to your ears? Is it as good as the wired ones?

Wired isn't a problem too but I dont like having the phone on me while running. I usually put the phone on the treadmill console before I start my run.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I have a pair of Altec Lansing Backbeat 903's. I like them but the don't beat the quality of the factory earbuds. Another disadvantage is that sometimes you will last longer than the battery especially if you are on a voice call for a while during the run.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
I use wired Sony actve headphones
MDR-AS30G-650x650.jpg

now they have wireless edition
51pmw6a5zbl.jpg

didn't try though. But original ones have great sound.

shox2k2

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
Wichita, KS
I like the lg Bluetooth. They are like $70 but I get my premier discount when ordering through att. So you may check if you get an accessory discount before buying them at full price.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Denon Exercise Freaks.

Pros:

Bluetooth (I don't like wires)
good sound
Long battery (about two weeks and using 4-5 times a week for 1-2 hours at a time)

Cons:

a little dorky looking
rubber charging cover stops closing after a few months us use
ear pieces did not fit my ears (purchased ones that I knew worked for under $1 off amazon, I think).
Limited range (I feel it begins to drop out when only 5 feet or so away from phone when I lift weights. I where my phone in an arm band so not a big deal)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've largely given up on any in the ear headphones because the last set that I have, seems to "short out" my music.

What I mean by that is, if I run a decent length, 5 or more, I start sweating a lot and, for some reason my phone jumps straight to siri and stops playing the music.

It never does that any other time, i.e., when I'm commuting or listening to it my phone during the day. Nor does it occur while I run w/o headphones. I prefer running without headphones any ways, I don't like anything that distracts me from my run and fumbling for my music, or headphones has that potential.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
any runners/joggers here? what in your ear phones do you use?

Sennheiser sports, behind the head ones.

Sweat resistant. Don't fully seal ears so you can hear cars, people, etc around you as well.

It has a short audio cable which is perfect for just reaching the iPod nano I clip to my collar, or end of short shirt sleeve, or singlet strap... Depending.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
JayBird Bluebuds X work well for me, been using them for ~18 months. Prior to the Bluebuds, I used the JayBird Freedoms, never a problem.

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I use a cheap pair of yurbuds, because they are the only ones I have found that fit in my ears without falling out. The sound is terrible and the cord annoying. I may have to check out those Jaybird ones.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
I use a cheap pair of yurbuds, because they are the only ones I have found that fit in my ears without falling out. The sound is terrible and the cord annoying. I may have to check out those Jaybird ones.

The big plus with the JayBirds, you can change the silicone ear pieces and hooks. I use a different size in each ear. lol

gJu3g6x.jpg

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
The big plus with the JayBirds, you can change the silicone ear pieces and hooks. I use a different size in each ear. lol

web buzz, you have me interested in the Jaybirds now. Some questions:
What is your experience with them running? Does that cord that hangs on the back of your neck bounce around while running? Bluetooth music streaming reliable?

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
web buzz, you have me interested in the Jaybirds now. Some questions:
What is your experience with them running? Does that cord that hangs on the back of your neck bounce around while running? Bluetooth music streaming reliable?

I have used them trail running, mountain biking, and skiing. No issues with streaming, while using a Polar H7 monitor and DigiFit.

The cord doesn't bother me. JayBird includes a clip to shorten the wire, making a tighter fit. I haven't tried it.

My only complaint, is the included USB cable, while great for travel. It is too short.

fjGEUTj.jpg

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
I have used them trail running, mountain biking, and skiing. No issues with streaming, while using a Polar H7 monitor and DigiFit.

The cord doesn't bother me. JayBird includes a clip to shorten the wire, making a tighter fit. I haven't tried it.

My only complaint, is the included USB cable, while great for travel. It is too short.

fjGEUTj.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Added to my Amazon wish list :D

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Jaybird Freedom Sprint which are Bluetooth. Readily available on Amazon and not expensive versus most.

thedru13

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Been using EERS for a while. Have 2 pairs. One for work and one for the gym. I run and lift they fit great and never fall out. They are not BT but it seems like they don't make them anymore. I might be wrong.. I can't wear a lot of in ear buds so these were great due to the custom fit. I just haven't been able to get myself to buy custom made ones at this point i probably should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.