PDA

View Full Version : nano with folder and exclamation point

orijinal
Jan 15, 2006, 12:13 AM
i went to the support page and tried all the steps (resetting, charge, etc), but nothing is working it is stuck on this screen.

it's plugged into my powerbook which is plugged into the AC, so I don't know what's wrong with it.

anyone have ideas?

mad jew
Jan 15, 2006, 12:21 AM
Have you tried restoring the firmware using iPod Software Updater? :)

pdpfilms
Jan 15, 2006, 12:21 AM
i went to the support page and tried all the steps (resetting, charge, etc), but nothing is working it is stuck on this screen.

it's plugged into my powerbook which is plugged into the AC, so I don't know what's wrong with it.

anyone have ideas?
Can the powerbook read any of the data? If not, the HDD is probably a little messed up. Reformat it using the latest iPod Utility (apple.com/support). If that doesn't work, call up Apple.

orijinal
Jan 15, 2006, 12:28 AM
ok i got it to reset, it's stuck on what looks like an old black and white LCD (no color or 3d graphics), and there's a large check and and OK to disconnect.

whenever i disconnect, it brings me back to the folder with the !

how do i just reformat my ipod so that it's like it was out of the box?

mad jew
Jan 15, 2006, 12:29 AM
Use the iPod Software Updater (http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/) and click on Restore. :)

orijinal
Jan 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
thanks, giving it a whirl. i'll report back with the progress.

orijinal
Jan 15, 2006, 12:40 AM
back to life. thanks <3

mad jew
Jan 15, 2006, 12:42 AM
Brilliant. :)

FWIW, the exclamation mark in the folder is a sign that the iPod cannot find it's firmware so reinstalling it almost always works. :)

applemacdude
Jan 15, 2006, 01:10 AM
Can the powerbook read any of the data? If not, the HDD is probably a little messed up. Reformat it using the latest iPod Utility (apple.com/support). If that doesn't work, call up Apple.

nano doesnt use hd