PDA

View Full Version : AppleCare question to UK iBook/PowerBook owners

iGav
Jan 17, 2006, 08:51 AM
Basically I'm just wanting to know if anyone has recently had to have their iBook or PowerBook repaired under AppleCare and whether Apple have re-implemented their collection service for laptops?

The last 2 occasions I've taken my PowerBook into the Apple Store and I'm loathe to do this again, firstly I doubt I'll get time to physically get their before the warranty runs out (19th) and the last time I took my PowerBook in, the chumps didn't do the repair correctly and I had to take it back again... and I simply don't have the time to spare at the moment should that happen again.

I seem to recall Lau and someone (apologies to whoever :)) else having their laptops collected not all that long ago, when previous to that (May/June 2005) I was told by Apple that they'd stopped the collection services for their laptop AppleCare repairs.

So has ANYONE at all had a collection service for their AppleCare laptop repair since say June 2005?

I'm calling Apple later, but we have a hate/hate relationship, so in the event that they fob me off (likely) I need to know if they are infact somewhat covertly carrying on the collection service.

So... anyone?

G

Lau
Jan 17, 2006, 01:21 PM
They are - or they were in August 2005. Had to be very, er, persuasive on the phone though, and that was after phoning back a few times to find someone who I could, er, persuade. :D

I think my case was helped slightly by the fact I'd had to go on the train to an Apple store that did repairs and been quoted a month or two for repair, and that wasn't happening. Because of that I had a reason to say "This has to be picked up".

Whether being in London would be seen as such a good reason, what with the Apple store, I don't know. When I did eventually get someone helpful, he agreed fairly quickly to pick up, and so maybe the trick is to just keep phoning back until you get a timid operator. :p

TMA
Jan 17, 2006, 03:13 PM
We have a lot of customers bringing in Laptops for repair, Apple would not collect them. I have known several occasions where they will make an exception, but it took a lot of persuasion.

ascender
Jan 17, 2006, 03:54 PM
My iBook was repaired recently and I had to take it in, collection wasn't an option.