View Full Version : BlogApp 1.3 - Great for anyone with a blog at blogger.com
Jan 12, 2003, 08:27 PM
Just found this great little OS X app. If you have a blog at blogger.com then you can post directly to it from this neat little app, it's great! It makes posting your most recent thoughts an absolute breeze & is much quicker than going via the website, although if you want to change any of your blogs settings you will still have to use bloggers web interface.
Download (151kb) (http://www.webentourage.com/downloads/blogapp.dmg.tgz)
Jan 12, 2003, 11:25 PM
WTF is a blog? I've seen it like 7 times in the past 3 days.
Jan 12, 2003, 11:38 PM
a weblog. an online diary/website.
Jan 12, 2003, 11:52 PM
So people just enter in personal events like a diary, post it on the net and other people read and enjoy them? Not sure I understand the phenomenon.
Jan 13, 2003, 01:56 PM
right...Don't understand it....How different is this from POSTING in a normal website?
Jan 13, 2003, 02:57 PM
Jan 14, 2003, 12:46 AM
Does this system support Flash? Is it strictly HTML?
davy the bunny
Jan 16, 2003, 11:05 AM
Just to throw a little competition in. . .
There's also Archipelago (http://archipelago.phrasewise.com/downloads) which I believe may do the same thing for free and so far in my experience it's pretty dependable.
Jan 16, 2003, 12:38 PM
1. easy to use
2. archives your entries
3. Lots of basic templates to choose from
4. Basic Blogger is FREE
5. Lot of people use it
1. Security issues, giving them your FTP login/password for your site. Most people don't mind, some do.
2. For those who are HTML savvy, you can whip up a much better template for your entries than what Blogger generates. Because it's a loop generation, all entries are formatted in the same style, which is frustrating if you want more flexibility. I think Blogger Pro addresses this, but you pay for it.
3. The archive feature is hard to maneuver around. There is no search feature, and to find a particular blog can be painstaking since all you have to nav through are date ranges.
4. I don't think there are security features for your blog (i.e., password access). So, your blogs are viewable to all (I guess that's the point).
Jan 16, 2003, 12:59 PM
I have had a blogger for six months and for the most part like it.
However, I agree that the archives are a pain in the butt but the rest of it works well for me.
Check mine out..
CGMP Blogger (http://www.cgmp.org/archives/index.html)
When you're finished, check out the rest of my website.