PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy new iBook

California
Jan 19, 2006, 10:24 PM
My iBook 1.42ghz seven weeks old now, likes to go to sleep after I'm using it and then, when I try to wake her up, it takes slapping the space bar two or three times before she snaps out of her nap.

Today, she will go right back to a black screen for a second until I press space bar again and again and then she wakes up.

Is this normal? I'm not that well versed in how and why i should be keeping her in sleep mode in the first place, but sometimes I just keep her on when I go out and she goes to sleep.

I'm always suspicious of her Fujistu hard drive - - tho that probably has nothing to do with it. If I had known it was a Fujistu hd I would not have picked this machine for purchase. Anyway, should this iBook take that much space bar action to wake up from a deep sleep?

AvSRoCkCO1067
Jan 19, 2006, 10:32 PM
First thing I'd do, although I'm no expert, is check the System Preferences -> Energy Saver, and ensure that you have the times set correctly for 'sleeping' and 'display' - I use High Performance, but my laptop's always plugged in...

Hope this helps

mad jew
Jan 19, 2006, 11:18 PM
Hmm, it shouldn't act like that. Maybe reset the PMU (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449), it might help. :)