go to find server and search 10.2
and 2 or more options should come up

but the file is 533mb
looks like another CD update
damn

but I keep trying

eyelikeart
Jan 29, 2002, 08:21 AM
I'll wait till the real thing releases....

I don't play around with the OS

Beej
Jan 29, 2002, 08:30 AM
Mmm, I love to fiddle with my OS, and don't mind the occasional hack (in fact, I quite enjoy it ;)), but when it comes to installing betas from Hotline? Not really my thing...

tk-421
Jan 29, 2002, 08:56 AM
I second that notion, I'll wait to get the real thing. I find it a pain to reinstall everything reset preferences if things wrong.

maclamb
Jan 29, 2002, 09:11 AM
But...nice to know it's out therte and coming soon (breathing hard?)

Xapplimatic
Jan 29, 2002, 12:18 PM
I don't know.. I've heard conflicting reports about 10.2.. one report says it's screeming fast (to imply faster than 10.1.x), and another says they're still waiting for the optimizations to show up. Other than the disclosure triangles which can disable previews in the Finder and the much earlier supposed switching of window buffer compression to the default on, I haven't heard what else Apple intends to do to the OS to make it faster.. after all, the code word "Jaguar" implies fastest beast. Just curious if anybody has any dish on it?

dantec
Jan 29, 2002, 12:21 PM
What are they going to stuff into it? How are they going to sell CD's for $19.99 to upgrade just for speed and a preview triangle !?! There must be some more features coming!

newmanium
Jan 29, 2002, 08:07 PM
features? who needs features. we'll buy the upgrade like the mindless Apple slaves we are...

me hate windows
Jan 29, 2002, 08:49 PM
i hope it comes out soon.

cleo
Jan 29, 2002, 08:59 PM
Any chance it'll come pre-installed on the new iMac's? Or will we have to turn around and buy a $20 "upgrade" the day after we receive our "cutting edge" computers?

Choppaface
Jan 29, 2002, 09:42 PM
$20??!!!
10.1 was free for me 0_o
$0 at compusa
no devkit CD, but I downloaded that off of apple's website so its all good :D.
and I didnt have to wait an extra week or anything either, just had to pester the right compusa employee

right now os X is fun to play around in, but it probably won't be able to rival os 9.1 in speed, compatability, and general usability until 10.5 or so. if you have a dp machine like me, ya X is already generally faster than 9.1 now, but they've still got a lot of work to do to clean out bugs and things....its certainly stabile and everything, just need more drivers, more UI features (windowshade! and no I don't mean shareware) and more optimization

from the huge improvements seen between 10.0.4 and 10.1, hopefully 10.2 will be just as impressive....

TEG
Jan 29, 2002, 09:44 PM
Why Pay $19.99 or $25 or what ever they will charge for this upgrade, by mail. Why not just go to your local Apple Retailer, (i.e. CompUSA, FutureShop, Circuit City, etc.) they will have it for free, and they won't take your ticket.

-If your going to something, do it right, do it on a Mac-

-The Day that I don't own a Mac is the day when Apple changes the Production Name-

Hemingray
Jan 29, 2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by newmanium
features? who needs features. we'll buy the upgrade like the mindless Apple slaves we are...

Muahaha. :D