PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto Album to Keynote/Powerpoint Presentation

iHateWindows
Jan 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
Is there any automated way of sending an album of iPhoto pictures to a Keynote or Powerpoint presentation with each picture as their own slide?

Thanks

devman
Jan 28, 2006, 09:32 PM
This is an automated solution. http://wiredflux.com/software/keynote/

Edit: you can also simply select multiple photos from the media browser and then drag and drop them onto the outline pane and one slide per photo will be created.

misterellis
Jul 29, 2006, 02:33 AM
Devman, I tried your automated solution, but got the following AppleScript Error:

Keynote got an error: Can't make <class Kssw> of slideshow "untitled" into type reference.

I tried saving the file first so that it had a filename, but I got the same error msg.

Any thoughts as to what's going on?

I'd also like to do this with PowerPoint. Any scripts for that?

Thanks.

Anonymous Freak
Jul 29, 2006, 03:58 AM
Is there any automated way of sending an album of iPhoto pictures to a Keynote or Powerpoint presentation with each picture as their own slide?

Thanks

Do you specifically want to edit the presentation? If not, you could use the 'Export' function in iPhoto and export as a QuickTime file.

Or, from within Keynote, just drag your album from the Media browser to the 'Slides' navigator (along the left side of the window) at the top of the presentation (or the bottom, or between two existing slides, whatever;) rather than actually IN an existing slide.

Aperture
Jul 29, 2006, 01:06 PM
Or if you're running Tiger you could make a simple Worflow in Automator that could do the job.:)

misterellis
Aug 1, 2006, 01:36 AM
I'll give it a whirl--thanks (schaef,too).

Do you specifically want to edit the presentation? If not, you could use the 'Export' function in iPhoto and export as a QuickTime file.

Or, from within Keynote, just drag your album from the Media browser to the 'Slides' navigator (along the left side of the window) at the top of the presentation (or the bottom, or between two existing slides, whatever;) rather than actually IN an existing slide.

honestabe52
Oct 17, 2006, 12:21 PM

Thanks

Download the test version of PhotoUplink from www.photouplink.com, it will let you export selected images and even video directly to a PowerPoint presentation, Word document, FTP site, or ODBC datasource.