PDA

View Full Version : High Res Pics

Espnetboy3
Jan 31, 2006, 03:37 PM
Anyone know any good places on the net for qood quality pics to do digital matte paintings with and what not. Free ones would be great but any that are watermarked would be fine just to get some practice in. Interfacelift.com has some high quality wallpapers and pictures

gauchogolfer
Feb 2, 2006, 03:27 PM
For high res digital pictures you could try the Gigapixel project. They have lower res 1920 pxl images for download, but maybe you could get larger ones....

http://www.gigapxl.org/gallery.htm

the detail in some of the pix is amazing...I like the golf photo (last one on bottom).

Espnetboy3
Feb 2, 2006, 06:20 PM
Thats a very cool site. I wish they had even more. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?

homerjward
Feb 2, 2006, 06:36 PM
Thats a very cool site. I wish they had even more. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else?
if you want really high-res you could use the samples from medium format digital back manufacturers' website (hasselblad, mamiya, phaseone, etc.--22+ megapixels :eek: )

also maybe try http://www.sxc.hu its a free-for-personal-use stock photo site.

ChrisA
Feb 3, 2006, 01:06 AM
Anyone know any good places on the net for qood quality pics to do digital matte paintings with and what not. Free ones would be great but any that are watermarked would be fine just to get some practice in. Interfacelift.com has some high quality wallpapers and pictures

What exactly do you need. digital cinema formats are either 2K or 4K. a 4K image is about what you get wit a high end DSLR. Just ask anyone with a Canom 11MP camera to email you a phto.

I have a couple 10,000 pixel wide images I made by compositing a bunch of smaller images I made with a small P&S canon a85. You could do the same your self. Just go to the park and make a anorama. Use a tripod it you do.

Abstract
Feb 3, 2006, 05:13 AM
I don't think you're gonna get photos any bigger than the ones from the Gigapixel Project. :o

snap58
Feb 3, 2006, 07:06 AM
I don't think you're gonna get photos any bigger than the ones from the Gigapixel Project. :o

Gigapixel?

Besides being low res (1920 px) they are copyrighted so if you come up with something really cool, well it's not yours. Find a friend with a higher MP Camera and see if you can use it. Even an 8 MP is 3500 x 2300 and can be increased with good results in most editing programs.

Feb 28, 2009, 08:08 PM
interfacelift.com