Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2003
Hi,

I want to attach 2 CRT monitors to my PM933, it has a GeoForce card. However since it only has one outlet for a CRT monitor. Can I buy another graphic card and use it together with the other card.

What is the cheapest way to attach two CRT monitors.

Thanks

tXf

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
If you have two outlets on the back for monitors, an ADC and a VGA port on the GeForce card, you can get a ADC to VGA adapter -- or buy a PCI video card.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
What sort of GeForce card is it? (e.g. GeForce, GeForce 2, GeForce 3 or GeForce 4) Also what model number is it (e.g. GeForce 4's come in Ti4200, Ti4400 and Ti4600 as well as the slower MX series: Mx420, Mx440 and Mx460). If it's a reasonably new card it should have either a DVI or possible an ADC socket as well as the standard CRT socket. DVI contains standard VGA as well as the digital signal - you can get a converter cable to turn DVI to VGA. ADC is simply DVI + Power + USB. You can get a cable to turn ADC->DVI (and maybe ADC->VGA). If you have either of these ports then the cheapest solution is probably a convertor.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Re: Graphic Cards and Monitors

Originally posted by txf
Hi,

I want to attach 2 CRT monitors to my PM933, it has a GeoForce card. However since it only has one outlet for a CRT monitor. Can I buy another graphic card and use it together with the other card.

What is the cheapest way to attach two CRT monitors.

Thanks

tXf

If the card is capable of dual screen support, then you just need a converter from ADC to VGA (in fact it might be ADC-->DVI-->VGA).

If not, then yes, you'll need a PCI Graphics card, of which your only choice really is the ATI Radeon PCI 7000.

Hamish

txf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2003
Thanks, it does have both the AC and VGA port. I guess the converter seems to be the best deal.

The converter themselves are expensive, does it make sense to shell out a lil more and get an additional graphic card.

*about the card I have, its a GeoForce MX, I think.. it the one that came before the Ti

txf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2003
Yes thats what I was looking for .. thanks.. No I am not in the US, I am in Japan, I thought saw the same thing here for much more..

ADC>VGA, so that I could use an extra CRT on the ADC port

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.