PDA

View Full Version : Screw working for Apple, work for Google!

iHateWindows
Feb 4, 2006, 07:21 PM
it's all free. (http://www.valleywag.com/tech/google-snack-room.jpg)

Benjamindaines
Feb 4, 2006, 07:26 PM
lol it better be on a $1 salary :eek:

jhero
Feb 4, 2006, 07:26 PM
apple still rocks

mad jew
Feb 4, 2006, 07:29 PM
Pretty messy, I'd never be able to find the specific snack I was looking for... :(

Unless I could devise a way of searching for snacks by typing in parts of their name and having them appear in my mouth, categorised by relevance...

ham_man
Feb 4, 2006, 07:38 PM
Pretty messy, I'd never be able to find the specific snack I was looking for... :(

Unless I could devise a way of searching for snacks by typing in parts of their name and having them appear in my mouth, categorised by relevance...
You could always organize them tagorically...

iHateWindows
Feb 4, 2006, 07:40 PM
I've seen much worse.

Danksi
Feb 4, 2006, 08:21 PM
I'd hope there's more to working with Google, than that! :rolleyes:

technicolor
Feb 4, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'd hope there's more to working with Google, than that! :rolleyes:
Puhleeze

google has world class chefs who cook free lunch for their employees, they get nap time, they can bring their pets to work, they have a huge on site gym, they have those lil scooter things u can ride around on their campus, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff, plus the pay and benefits are other wordly...

i know 2 google employees and one person who interned
i dont think there is a better employer than google

Aarow
Feb 4, 2006, 08:42 PM
Is that a SoBe I see? I guess I'll work there :).

Dagless
Feb 4, 2006, 08:46 PM
thats good, i like that kind of attitude. shows the big cheese in Google trust the staff.

I'm trying to get into Google Manchester. that would be nice.

Benjamindaines
Feb 4, 2006, 08:49 PM
Wow, coke and pepsi living in a giant fridge of google-unitity. Simply amazing.

Danksi
Feb 4, 2006, 08:50 PM
Puhleeze

google has world class chefs who cook free lunch for their employees, they get nap time, they can bring their pets to work, they have a huge on site gym, they have those lil scooter things u can ride around on their campus, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff, plus the pay and benefits are other wordly...

Sounds very claustrophobic; do they allow you to leave the building for a personal life? :) (just jealous)

WildCowboy
Feb 4, 2006, 09:37 PM
Puhleeze

And that's why they receive 150,000 resumes a month...

katie ta achoo
Feb 4, 2006, 09:53 PM
Pft, one day, when I'm CFO, I'll put it in the budget for the snack room be 40% larger every year.
by the time I graduate, google will be 90% snackroom and 10% search engine.

also, it'll be the size of oklahoma, so search engine will still be huge.

2nyRiggz
Feb 4, 2006, 09:59 PM
Aint nothing like mixing food and work.....unless it ends up on your work.

Bless

dornoforpyros
Feb 4, 2006, 10:05 PM
now how am I suppose to drag one of those huge jugs of water to my desk? Better yet how am I suppose to raise that to my face and drink?

redeye be
Feb 5, 2006, 05:08 AM
now how am I suppose to drag one of those huge jugs of water to my desk? Better yet how am I suppose to raise that to my face and drink?
I guess that's one reason they also have a gym.

GoCubsGo
Feb 5, 2006, 05:12 AM
Yum pears. I saw pears!

I heard also that they get about 150k resumes a year, my question is, how the hell do they go through them? Or do they all just fall to the wayside?
I wonder.

BakedBeans
Feb 5, 2006, 06:05 AM
Wow, coke and pepsi living in a giant fridge of google-unitity. Simply amazing.

I think I just weeweed in my pants , a little bit™

cleanup
Feb 5, 2006, 06:08 AM
There's a fruit basket, and then the rest is all sugary, carbonated, salty, fatty junk food.

Brilliant. :D

al3000
Feb 5, 2006, 06:51 AM
Wow, that's great :D

Xephian
Feb 5, 2006, 10:25 AM
That'd be really nice. Lol.

Lau
Feb 5, 2006, 10:30 AM
There's a fruit basket, and then the rest is all sugary, carbonated, salty, fatty junk food.

Brilliant. :D

The fruit looks manky as well. Look at those grapes! I would expect pineapple and star-fruit, quite frankly. :D

dornoforpyros
Feb 5, 2006, 10:49 AM
Yum pears. I saw pears!

I heard also that they get about 150k resumes a year, my question is, how the hell do they go through them? Or do they all just fall to the wayside?
I wonder.

Well they are google, if I had to guess I'd say the HR department has their own mini-google for searching through resumes they receive.

puckhead193
Feb 5, 2006, 10:54 AM
is that beer on the 2nd to bottom shelf on the right?

Benjamindaines
Feb 5, 2006, 11:08 AM
is that beer on the 2nd to bottom shelf on the right?
I doubt it, it's probably Stewart's (http://www.drinkstewarts.com/history.html)

yellow
Feb 5, 2006, 12:21 PM
That jug of water would take one huge coaster!

d_and_n5000
Feb 5, 2006, 12:56 PM
I may just have to work there one day...................Oh, yeah, I wanted to be Steve's successor(someones gotta take over eventually!), but, um, uh, yeah, I could work at Google too. Especially for all those drinks. And candy. And water. And...

Benjamindaines
Feb 5, 2006, 01:07 PM
I may just have to work there one day...................Oh, yeah, I wanted to be Steve's successor(someones gotta take over eventually!), but, um, uh, yeah, I could work at Google too. Especially for all those drinks. And candy. And water. And...
Or..... you could be steve's successor and have google be your pixar (except dont see it to disney)

pknz
Feb 5, 2006, 01:25 PM
I like candy.

How do the deal with all those resumes, they Google them obviously.

d_and_n5000
Feb 7, 2006, 08:42 PM
Or..... you could be steve's successor and have google be your pixar (except dont see it to disney)
ooooohh, I like. Never thought about THAT before. But I wanted disney to be my pixar! Oh, well, no one ever said steve's successor couldn't have TWO pixars!!!