PDA

View Full Version : New iPod with touchscreen pics !!

Compile 'em all
Feb 10, 2006, 05:45 PM
A mockup of the new iPod...found here (http://www.deviantart.com/view/28738962/). I thought I would share it with you (hope it wasn't
posted before).
http://static.flickr.com/30/98055510_f0937d3d36_o.png
http://static.flickr.com/26/98055496_603fd1dbd1_o.png

Afro1989
Feb 10, 2006, 05:55 PM
They better fix the scratchable screen before they releases something like this.

Jaffa Cake
Feb 10, 2006, 06:00 PM
They better fix the scratchable screen before they releases something like this.Even if they produce something totally scratch-proof, the problem you're still going to have with a touchscreen for videos is dirty great finger marks all over the screen. A nice idea, but not very practical.

Just a fan mock-up, nothing more.

dan-o-mac
Feb 10, 2006, 06:01 PM
I told myself no more ipods, but if somehting like this comes out, I just might take the bait! :(

ieani
Feb 10, 2006, 06:08 PM
Even if they produce something totally scratch-proof, the problem you're still going to have with a touchscreen for videos is dirty great finger marks all over the screen. A nice idea, but not very practical.

That is what a stylus is for, eliminates finger contact.

mkrishnan
Feb 10, 2006, 06:10 PM
They better fix the scratchable screen before they releases something like this.

If you get a touchscreen, you're going to have to treat that thing with kid gloves. I don't think it will be very durable or rugged compared to the current or past iPods. I mean who is anyone kidding...would you take a touchscreen PDA and throw it in a backpack without a cover and expect it to not get scratched, let alone broken?

LOWPULSE
Feb 10, 2006, 06:13 PM
:-)

muffinman
Feb 10, 2006, 06:31 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Little King
Feb 10, 2006, 06:34 PM
Original source for the pictures posted by LOWPULSE is here (http://ipod-fullscreen.blogspot.com/). Some Blogspot account.

Also, off topic, where in Shropshire do oyu live LOWPULSE?

barrysfarm
Feb 10, 2006, 06:39 PM
Old Boy was a great movie in so many ways.

ibook30
Feb 10, 2006, 07:09 PM
Even if they produce something totally scratch-proof, the problem you're still going to have with a touchscreen for videos is dirty great finger marks all over the screen. A nice idea, but not very practical.

Fingerprints don't bother me so much. I se the value in your feedback, but I really don't think it would hurt sales too much. The mock up is exactly what I'd like to own! Sign me up!

EricNau
Feb 10, 2006, 07:15 PM
That is what a stylus is for, eliminates finger contact.
Apple will NOT use a stylus. Why? Two reasons:

1. It's too much trouble for the user. Every time they want to pause a song they have to get out a stylus?

2. Everyone looses them within the first week.

It's just not practical.

Chundles
Feb 10, 2006, 07:27 PM
I'd hate to lose a stylus that shook loose.

Am I the only one who thinks it's relatively easy to make a screen that won't show fingerprints? Something with a matte finish that's more durable than a laptop screen, a little rougher perhaps?

nataku
Feb 10, 2006, 07:28 PM
You should have put "Mock-up" in your thread title. I was actually expecting real ones.

Caitlyn
Feb 10, 2006, 08:01 PM
It needs a stylus. And I can only hope it would come with some sort of extra protection for the screen.

nataku
Feb 10, 2006, 08:35 PM
hold on guys. ARE YOU SERIOUS?:eek: do you really think Apple would use a stylus?! :eek:

How silly would that look?

I know these are speculations but putting a stylus in the fray is pretty disturbing.

zap2
Feb 10, 2006, 08:40 PM
Would love one of these things and i won't let it get hurt!

But i'm not sure if it should become the main iPod model

(and how would you 'click' on the click wheel

2nyRiggz
Feb 10, 2006, 08:52 PM
I'll be the one to say it but thats one ugly ipod.

Bless

forumBuddy
Feb 10, 2006, 09:01 PM
fake :)

plinkoman
Feb 10, 2006, 09:20 PM

figure that one out all by yourself?

Platform
Feb 10, 2006, 10:20 PM
I like it....:D

nataku
Feb 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
figure that one out all by yourself?

lolz. hahaha. dont be mean man. :D but yeah. he has a point. forumbuddy should have read the

A mockup of the new iPod...

Josh396
Feb 10, 2006, 10:44 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's relatively easy to make a screen that won't show fingerprints? Something with a matte finish that's more durable than a laptop screen, a little rougher perhaps?
I don't think it would be that hard. If anyone could do it it would be Apple. Also, I think Apple to be one of the more "professional" companies who would make sure it wouldn't show finger prints just to keep their image up. If Apple could jump to touch screen for the next iPods it would show how much they are above the rest of the competition.

mcarnes
Feb 10, 2006, 10:47 PM
Man, if they could pull off something like that it would be frickin' sweet.

EGT
Feb 10, 2006, 11:05 PM
I like the discussion this rumour has caused. It's just resounding everywhere.

This could be the ultimate player. Whatever Apple release next, I pray they do something about the outer plastic. It would be terrible owning something like this but worrying about scratching the hell out of it.

If it is touch sensitive, they are limited to what protection they can use on the outer surface? Something like mobile phone screens would be great. I fear it'd be a flimsy, PDA style screen. :(

mac 2005
Feb 10, 2006, 11:12 PM
I told myself no more ipods, but if somehting like this comes out, I just might take the bait! :(

I'd buy this right now.

mac 2005
Feb 10, 2006, 11:14 PM

Ya think?

<cough>d'uh!</cough>

GoCubsGo
Feb 10, 2006, 11:15 PM

I agree. I like it, but it is totally impractical.

Little King
Feb 11, 2006, 04:05 AM
2. Everyone looses them within the first week.

Exactly! It gives Apple a lot more money when people turn up at the Apple Store to buy replacements. Look at the caps for the iPod shuffle. I think the Apple Store in the UK sells them for around 8, but you get three, should you lose them again. The same idea with the Dock adapter needed for the iPod universal dock, if you need another one, you have to pay 6 for 3 instead of 2 for one.

They make a lot of money on little things that you need... ;)

xPismo
Feb 11, 2006, 04:12 AM
Wowzers.

The second set looks much more pleasing. I'd do one.

Not really sure how good a touch screen would be in everyday use, but if Sir Ive and the SJ RDF can combine to make it so. . . I'll buy it. Until then, I'll keep my Gen 4 (I think, its a B&W screen, 12 hour, 20Gb model) happly. :cool:

Abstract
Feb 11, 2006, 05:01 AM
Also, I think Apple to be one of the more "professional" companies who would make sure it wouldn't show finger prints just to keep their image up.

Hahahaha!!! :D :p

Try explaining the super scratchable iPods then.

al3000
Feb 13, 2006, 06:15 AM
I need one!! :p :D

_bnkr612
Feb 13, 2006, 12:42 PM
Sweet as.

Quantum Man
Feb 13, 2006, 07:37 PM
Wow if that is the 6G iPod, I am so getting one.