Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
Nevermind, answered my own question :)

For those interested, I was trying to figure out how to get my bookmarks in Safari in the bookmarks menu instead of this seperate screen.
Turns out its as simple as just dragging the folders to "Bookmarks Menu". Could've known. :)

truz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
Could post what you were going to ask and where you found it ;) for the noobs out there to macs when they do a search on this forum.

truz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2006
Florida
Thanks! I'm waiting for someone to post "how to organizing bookmarks in safari" such as: alphabetize the favorites rather then having them list from the last added. ;) if anyone knows please post here as this would help many of us. Thanks!

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I keep wondering why bookmarks are not stored in alphabetical order rather than by date of bookmark.

Does anyone know of a reliable application to change the Bookmark organization to alphabetical?

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
BookDog will organize your bookmarks alphabetically, or in other ways. Keeps them sorted automatically. Also checks for duplicates, etc. Great little app -- try it!

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
BookDog looks interesting, but it's $15. I guess I just don't manage that many bookmarks, or I mind find it useful. I tend to group things into folders on my Bookmark Menu.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
I noticed this when updating to a new system- if you go into your bookmarks window, drag all of your bookmarks out to a folder on your desktop, clear out your bookmarks, and drag them back in from your desktop, they will be in alphabetical order.

Don't know if that's helpful or not. I personally DIDN'T want them reorganized alphabetically, but oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.