PDA

View Full Version : Clonaid still at it

Durandal7
Jan 20, 2003, 02:13 AM
Clonaid claims that another clone will be born in the next few days
The controversial organization Clonaid said Sunday that a cloned Japanese boy may be born as early as Monday.

Clonaid is funded by the Raelian Movement religious cult.

The cult maintains that two cloned girls have been born -- one each in the United States and Europe -- with their techniques. It has provided no scientific proof to back its claims.

Hideaki Numakura, the head of the movement's Japan branch, said he received news of the upcoming birth two days ago through Brigitte Boisselier, the president of Clonaid.

Will Clonaid become the ongoing joke of the decade?
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20030120a2.htm

rainman::|:|
Jan 20, 2003, 02:30 AM
I'm starting to get sick of hearing about them. It was good for a laugh, then two, when's the media coverage going to stop? i say they only write articles about them every 10 clone claims, saves us all time...

;)

I kind of wonder what their motive is here. They must realize that no one believes them, and that any press they get makes them look worse and worse... i just can't imagine the people that sit around, thinking "They laughed at us when we said we cloned baby number two, let's tell them we cloned a THIRD, that will make them believe"...

hehe
:)
pnw

Durandal7
Jan 20, 2003, 02:52 AM
I find the whole situation hilarious. Every time they say they have another clone and it gets even more attention then the last time it gets even funnier. With the American media's reluctance to show actual news this has become a pastime for them :rolleyes:

FelixDerKater
Jan 20, 2003, 07:30 AM
It's time to put up or shut up.

Give us the facts and the evidence to support them, or get your crazy @$$es off TV. Go back to your spaceship.

Sun Baked
Jan 20, 2003, 08:05 AM
When I see a clone of Michael Jackson moonwalking across the stage, then I'll believe in the starship and line up for my Kool-Aid.

alex_ant
Jan 20, 2003, 08:55 AM
Hand in hand with it being Clonaid's responsibility to provide proof of their claims, it's the responsibility of journalists not to report such things until it can be confirmed that they're factual. We shouldn't have even heard about Clonaid yet.

wdlove
Jan 20, 2003, 11:13 AM
So far it seems to be nothing but a hoax, waiting for some actual proof. Till they show proof, just keep quiet!

MrMacMan
Jan 20, 2003, 09:22 PM
Its like be saying:
I MADE THE FASTED POWERMAC EVER, OVERCLOCKING IT TO 1.8 GHZ QUAD PROCESSOR MAC, I CODED IT AND EVERYTHING SO MAKE IT USE ALL OF THE PROCESSORS CORRECTLY!
OH AND BY THE WAY IT'S USING nVIDA'S FX AS A VIDEO CARD!

And then saying:

I DID IT AGAIN I OVERCLOCKED IT TO 2.2 GHZ, WOW AM I INSANE OR WHAT, AND YEAH I MADE THE FX RUN EVEN FASTER!

Without giving ANY proof what so ever.

I cloned a baby and then made a clone of the clone resulting in even more defects, YAY!

rainman::|:|
Jan 20, 2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by MrMacman
I MADE THE FASTED POWERMAC EVER, OVERCLOCKING IT TO 1.8 GHZ QUAD PROCESSOR MAC, I CODED IT AND EVERYTHING SO MAKE IT USE ALL OF THE PROCESSORS CORRECTLY!
OH AND BY THE WAY IT'S USING nVIDA'S FX AS A VIDEO CARD!

And then saying:

I DID IT AGAIN I OVERCLOCKED IT TO 2.2 GHZ, WOW AM I INSANE OR WHAT, AND YEAH I MADE THE FX RUN EVEN FASTER!

Shut up, i actually did this. i don't see why it's unbelieveable at all. I'm working on a 4 GHz model right now, i think by Apple's scoring it will run at about 8872364.1 megaflops...

yeah :P

hehe ;)
pnw