Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
hi i am taking a photog course with film slr cameras and today i wasn't thinking clearly and i took off the lenses of the camera while it was loaded :(
i put it back on after about 2s, but do you if i overexposed the film? thankx:)

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
omgosh thank you i was freaking out i just had some awesome pics (i hope:) ) on it and yeah i was freaking out thankx;)

Tel

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2005
England
My dad once told me that I ruined my film from changing lenses when he was teaching me how to us an SLR, he started laughing when I fell for it, he had a good point though, what difference would taking the lens off do anyway? Light can still travel trough the lens even if it is mounted on a camera. :p

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
Tel said:
My dad once told me that I ruined my film from changing lenses when he was teaching me how to us an SLR, he started laughing when I fell for it, he had a good point though, what difference would taking the lens off do anyway? Light can still travel trough the lens even if it is mounted on a camera. :p

At my first photo class the instructor did his intro - then zeroed in on my camera, he grabbed it and extoled it's virtues - exclaiming "It's a PHD camera!". Then he explained "PHD" means "Push Here Dummy", and that it was the worst camera to have- no skill to use, etc...(it was a point and shoot piece). I was fifteen and he was a professional- he became a friend later after we swapped stories about rock shows. Stupid PHD camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.