Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Original poster
In case anyone missed the news, the latest version of Adobe's new Lightroom is available. THIS one has the crop feature! LOL! I haven't yet played around in it to make note of other changes/improvements but the first thing I did was look for that cropping tool.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I didn't really like lightroom v.1 that much. don't really need it anyway, iPhoto is more than enough for what I need.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I enjoyed how it crashed when I wasn't able to quit.

Hopefully, it's better, though, the second time. :D

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
and it's also the first adobe app that's a universal binary! adobe's really taking it to aperture...it's good to have competition...better for us.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Abstract said:
Was the first one that bad? I heard some good things, but if it didn't have a crop feature, why did people even bother giving it a chance? Crazy.

Adobe's just trying to figure out what it is that photographers want and need. While the first version may not have had crop or rotate functionality, it had a slew of other tools, and was aimed to get feedback from photographers. Right now, it's not meant to be the whole, full fledged application. In fact, according to Adobe, the final version will have a different look and feel. This is just a beta, and is not yet meant to be used in a real workflow.

For once, consumers are able to test a program, and tell the manufacturer what they think should be done as far as bugs and features are concerned. Rarely does such a public beta happen in the world of major software companies, and I think everybody who needs an application like this should download it and let Adobe know what you think. In the end, everyone will get a better product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.