PDA

View Full Version : iBook Deep Screen Scratches

nl2134
Feb 15, 2006, 02:15 AM
I have a five month old iBook and everything has been running smoothly, until recently a friend of mine noted that I had some scratches on the screen. Being that I look at the screen daily, I saw nothing out of the ordinary, but when I tilted the laptop about twenty degrees to the left, I saw about 5-6 white splotches that look like scratches to the screen.

The thing about it, is that the marks are not directly on the screen itself; they seem to be almost internal. With this being said, has anyone ever had this problem, or does anyone have a solution to this? I would like to get this fixed, but if there were an easier remedy, I would be happy to hear it.

cwedl
Feb 15, 2006, 02:51 AM
Do you mean white spots on the screen. I have those on my powerbook! its a problem that apple has had with its displays especially in the 15" powerbook G4 AL rev.A. I only notice it when I have a dark movie on the screen. If its less than 1 year old, phone apple up and see what they say, unless other people in the forum have already done so with little luck?

aaagat111
Feb 15, 2006, 06:12 AM
I am guessing that your ibook is still under its 1 year warranty, and therefore is covered by Apple. I expirienced the "white spots" on my Powerbook G4, and after a while, they became very noticalbe, and more than anything annoying.
I called Apple, and without any questions they had me send my powerbook in for a brand new screen.

On Apple's website, they claim the "white spots" are only prevelent on the Powerbooks, but when I visited the store, they said it had shown up on ibooks to.
http://www.apple.com/support/powerbook/displayprogram/

Anyway, whatever it is, it sounds like a hardware problem, and i defenitely worth fixing.

-AAA