PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook / Macbook and scratching

medic350
Feb 16, 2006, 11:23 PM
Unfortunately, I bought a gateway tablet PC before I discovered how amazing macs are (i also have a 20" iMac G5). But, before I go out and drop a couple thousand on a mac book (which i'll probably wind up doing anyway), just wanted to check on the durability of the powerbook/macbook case. My gateway has a silver outside and despite the fact that its always either in my backpack (touching nothing more abrasive than a text book) or a laptop case, it has become incredibly scratched up. I have no idea how it happened, it's just scratched terribly!

I was just wondering how the exterior of the power/mac books hold up. Is a sleeve really necessary if you're putting it in a back pack? Does the exterior scratch easily? I can understand it scratching if its dropped, but after a year of owning it and taking decent care of it, does it still look as it did when you bought it? Thanks for the help!

excalibur313
Feb 16, 2006, 11:35 PM
I would always put it in a sleeve to prevent other things from knocking into it but my powerbook has been very durable. There have been times that I've knocked into it with a metal cup, or dragged something across the surface and there hasn't been any marks to prove it. It is definitely much more durable than dells or a gateway tablet my professor has.

medic350
Feb 17, 2006, 12:03 AM
oh and btw...are they titanium or aluminum? is there a difference?

applemacdude
Feb 17, 2006, 12:08 AM
the mac book is made of adonized aluminum