PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Keys for 12" powerbook

doug.hall
Feb 18, 2006, 06:49 AM
Does anyone know where I can get replacement keys or the plastic scissor mounts underneith each key for a 12" powerbook?

Thanks...

BCoop8184
Feb 18, 2006, 09:19 AM
No idea....but I do have a 2 and a 1/2 year old water damaged 12" Al that I will sell you for dirt cheap if you want to buy that and just use it for keys.

Agent Smith
Feb 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/

I had a 12" that had juice spilled on it. When it was dry and cleaned, the keys still stuck and were slow in response. I bought a new keyboard from these guys. 100% recommend them! Good price and fast shipping from Arizona to Toronto. As for individual keys, they do sell them, but you'd be better off with the full keyboard.

snak-pak
Feb 18, 2006, 11:35 PM
There is a guy on eBay selling individual keys, for $8 or $10 each. So about the same price as the powerbookmedic.com site (thank for the previous link!). Buying an individual key is the only way to get the white connector underneath.

I ordered a 'W' key and it worked fine, but then a few days later I spilled coffee on the keyboard and broke two more keys trying to dry it off. So I might have to buy a whole new keyboard anyway. !@#$!@ hehe.

xFU3Lx
Feb 19, 2006, 12:58 AM
I've got an entire 15" keyboard except for the W key. I had to replace my keyboard. Of course its backlit, so I dunno if the keys are still the same with the 12".