Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
I know this may be a bit of a stupid question but how do u put home movies onto ur 5th generation ipod? i tried dragging the video into itunes but no such luck... help please...!

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
What format are the files? A quick, easy way to do it would be to open up the file in iMovie, provided it is compatible, and choose share. Then just click iPod.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
try looking here its on ilounge an ipod website... it gives information about converting video on a mac... there is a seperate article about converting dvd's there should be a link from the page i have linked to if thats more useful...

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
CoMpX said:
What format are the files? A quick, easy way to do it would be to open up the file in iMovie, provided it is compatible, and choose share. Then just click iPod.

i thought it was the right format... .AVI. i just used Mactheripper and Handbrake to put a movie onto the ipod for personal viewing and it put it into a .MPEG4 format and it went onto the ipod no sweat. is there a way i can change the format of the home video?

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Scarlet Fever said:
this is the thread you need to read. I've followed these steps and it looks great (on my friends 5G iPod by the way).

thanks dude... but i already have the DVD on the 5th gen ipod. i need to know how to convert .AVI type home video to .MPEG4 type home video so i can put it on the ipod.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
sam10685 said:
thanks dude... but i already have the DVD on the 5th gen ipod. i need to know how to convert .AVI type home video to .MPEG4 type home video so i can put it on the ipod.
QT - export to iPod ?

i thought that was standard now days :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.