PDA

View Full Version : Sound quality of iBook speakers?

bill4588
Feb 20, 2006, 07:36 PM
When I get an iBook do you recommend that I get speakers to replace the ones that are built into the ibook? Or are they good enough for music?

iGary
Feb 20, 2006, 07:38 PM
They suck.

CoMpX
Feb 20, 2006, 07:38 PM
They are kinda all-right for music, but you will most likely want to get separate speakers. They have absolutely NO bass whatsoever.

rdowns
Feb 20, 2006, 07:39 PM
They suck.

What he said but more.

bill4588
Feb 20, 2006, 07:40 PM
dang more money....this is going to be used in college so i dont have a ton of money lol.

mikejames
Feb 20, 2006, 07:41 PM
When I get an iBook do you recommend that I get speakers to replace the ones that are built into the ibook? Or are they good enough for music?

I'm no expert but my Mum's got an ibook and the sound is fine for general use but if you're really into music (like me) then I would definately recommend you get external speakers.

rdowns
Feb 20, 2006, 07:41 PM
dang more money....this is going to be used in college so i dont have a ton of money lol.

One less beer each weekend night for a few weeks. Consider this your first college lesson.

2nyRiggz
Feb 20, 2006, 07:47 PM
Yes the ibook speaker sucks arse....i can hear a ant chewing better than the ibook speaker.

Bless

Benjamindaines
Feb 20, 2006, 07:47 PM
They're awful but with some equaliser tweaking you can make them sound slightly decent

Gokhan
Feb 20, 2006, 08:01 PM
they suck x2 and more very bad

zoziw
Feb 20, 2006, 11:12 PM

Buy the iBook, take it home and give a listen. Once you agree with the other posters here that they suck you can go buy some external speakers. :)

Seriously, they are ok for the little blips and tings that an OS makes when you click on something you shouldn't and i don't even mind them for listening to streaming newscasts but not for music or anything meant to be enjoyed.

jadekitty24
Feb 21, 2006, 05:56 AM
You can get a decent set of speakers for pretty cheap now. I bought an Altec Lansing set for $35. 2 highs and a sub-woofer. For what they cost they kick ass. I believe these would be a great fit for a college student.

PS-oh yeah, the iBook speakers suck for music.

zathras
Feb 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
Some things sound ok - some sound bad. Just get it and try it out. Maybe invest in some nice headphones so as to not annoy your classmates :)