PDA

View Full Version : Create a video playlist

nattyz
Feb 22, 2006, 05:29 AM
I have a bunch of small vids (ebaums, etc.) that i converted for my 5G ipod that i want to put into a video playlist, and i cant figure out how to make a video playlist. i see no options for doin so in itunes. has anyone actually done this? any help is much appreciated. thanx

Chundles
Feb 22, 2006, 06:36 AM
I have a bunch of small vids (ebaums, etc.) that i converted for my 5G ipod that i want to put into a video playlist, and i cant figure out how to make a video playlist. i see no options for doin so in itunes. has anyone actually done this? any help is much appreciated. thanx

Just make a playlist with only videos in it.

nattyz
Feb 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
lol, umm duh. too bad i tried that and it doesnt work.

can i get some deatils from some one who has acttually done this with maybe some better descriptions of the process.

Diatribe
Feb 22, 2006, 12:01 PM
Just make a playlist with only videos in it.

Problem with this is that they won't show the video of the next video playing. You'll hear audio but not see the video, which renders it kind of useless.
I guess if it were that easy he wouldn't have asked. ;) :p
Edit: I guess he might have. :D

I have not gotten it work because of the above problem. You might want to send Apple feedback about that so they'll change it.

nattyz
Feb 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
well its easier than i thought, i made one but it crashed my ipod (black screen w/ grey apple on it) :confused:

maybe it that particular vid and not the playlist...we'll see

still new to this whole apple/itunes stuff

thanks for the replies

evilgEEk
Feb 22, 2006, 01:59 PM
lol, umm duh. too bad i tried that and it doesnt work.

can i get some deatils from some one who has acttually done this with maybe some better descriptions of the process.
Perhaps next time someone tries to help you out, you should treat them with a little more respect. I can't stand it when people ask for help and then treat those that are trying to help like morons. :mad:

I have created numerous video playlists by creating playlists with just video in it and have had no problems. I have six on my iPod as we speak, and they go to the next element in the playlist just fine. I use them primarily for TV shows that I've recorded and just go from one file to the next with absolutely no problems.

Diatribe
Feb 22, 2006, 03:01 PM
Perhaps next time someone tries to help you out, you should treat them with a little more respect. I can't stand it when people ask for help and then treat those that are trying to help like morons. :mad:

I have created numerous video playlists by creating playlists with just video in it and have had no problems. I have six on my iPod as we speak, and they go to the next element in the playlist just fine. I use them primarily for TV shows that I've recorded and just go from one file to the next with absolutely no problems.

Do they work for you in iTunes too? Because for me the video will shut off when it switches to the next video.

evilgEEk
Feb 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
Do they work for you in iTunes too? Because for me the video will shut off when it switches to the next video.
Yep, it goes straight in to the next file just fine in both full-screen and mini-screen modes.

Diatribe
Feb 22, 2006, 04:23 PM
Yep, it goes straight in to the next file just fine in both full-screen and mini-screen modes.

That is too weird. It doesn't do that for me. I wish it would though. I'll try trashing the .plist and see if that helps.