Create a video playlist

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nattyz, Feb 22, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a bunch of small vids (ebaums, etc.) that i converted for my 5G ipod that i want to put into a video playlist, and i cant figure out how to make a video playlist. i see no options for doin so in itunes. has anyone actually done this? any help is much appreciated. thanx

2. macrumors G4

Chundles

Just make a playlist with only videos in it.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, umm duh. too bad i tried that and it doesnt work.

can i get some deatils from some one who has acttually done this with maybe some better descriptions of the process.

4. macrumors 601

Diatribe

Problem with this is that they won't show the video of the next video playing. You'll hear audio but not see the video, which renders it kind of useless.
    I guess if it were that easy he wouldn't have asked. ;) :p
    Edit: I guess he might have. :D

I have not gotten it work because of the above problem. You might want to send Apple feedback about that so they'll change it.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

well its easier than i thought, i made one but it crashed my ipod (black screen w/ grey apple on it) :confused:

maybe it that particular vid and not the playlist...we'll see

still new to this whole apple/itunes stuff

thanks for the replies

6. macrumors 68000

echeck

Perhaps next time someone tries to help you out, you should treat them with a little more respect. I can't stand it when people ask for help and then treat those that are trying to help like morons. :mad:

I have created numerous video playlists by creating playlists with just video in it and have had no problems. I have six on my iPod as we speak, and they go to the next element in the playlist just fine. I use them primarily for TV shows that I've recorded and just go from one file to the next with absolutely no problems.

7. macrumors 601

Diatribe

Do they work for you in iTunes too? Because for me the video will shut off when it switches to the next video.

8. macrumors 68000

echeck

Yep, it goes straight in to the next file just fine in both full-screen and mini-screen modes.

9. macrumors 601

Diatribe

That is too weird. It doesn't do that for me. I wish it would though. I'll try trashing the .plist and see if that helps.