Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hui__lim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2002
Has anyone tried linking up avantgo with the tungsten using osx? I just registered with avantgo and to my surprise, there was no palm os 5 avantgo installation file, only for pcs... Does anyone know where i can find palms os 5 avantgo installation for osx??
thanks
Hui

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
If all else fails, you might have to get Virtual PC w/Win98 or XP and then sync from the PC part of your Mac.

"...sync from the PC part of your Mac." Gee, that sounds weird, doesn't it?

I've been waiting for the Mac OS X compatible AvantGo software forever now. You are not alone!

They seem to have cut the R&D cost for comsumer services. The one for OS X is not out yet. No third-party apps are available. I wonder if they'll ever release one. Since the release of the OS X a couple of years ago, they keep saying just install the Palm Desktop V3 and use it from Classic. Unacceptable. I'm almost giving it up now...

And the beta for Palm OS 5 is currently only available for Windows.

So if you are on Mac X and Palm 5 you are really screwed... like myself :D I have a CLIE NX70V.

I use my Vaio just to sync my AvantGo these days. Like pimentoLoaf has suggested, using Virtual PC is another way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.