PDA

View Full Version : Picture from new D50

Jason_Bryan
Feb 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
Well I got chance to go out this afternoon to use my new Nikon D50. Over 100 shots taken, just one I really like, I am so lucky to live where I do.

Zeke
Feb 24, 2006, 12:49 PM
Very nice looking. Did you try and do a panorama by stitching shots together so you have a high res version of this shot? Lucky you live with views like that. I'm jealous.

Well I got chance to go out this afternoon to use my new Nikon D50. Over 100 shots taken, just one I really like, I am so lucky to live where I do.

Jason_Bryan
Feb 24, 2006, 02:33 PM
I didn't think to take shots that I could stitch but I will keep it in mind next time I am out there. I am just starting to get back into photography and playing with the camera to learn it's features.

Zeke
Feb 24, 2006, 02:42 PM
Well have fun with it and get ready to spend a lot of money...stupid lenses...do they really have to be so expensive? All they are is glass and metal...man.

Abstract
Feb 24, 2006, 04:41 PM
Yes, but don't buy any lenses yet. Wait until you have shot with what you have for a long time first (not 1 month, but more like 4-6 months just to give you some time to see your needs and think about). I know you wanna rush out there and buy a 12-24 mm, or an 18-200mm VR-II lens, but wait. Each of these lenses will set you back around 500 quid or so. :eek:

Jason_Bryan
Feb 24, 2006, 05:02 PM
I have no intention of buying any more lenses. I went through that in my teens when I was really keen. I think one of the reasons I got bored with the whole photography thing was I had to much kit. I only bought a DSLR because of the higher quality of the lens the manual controls and the speed of the lens. I really believe it is not the kit but the person behind the lens that takes the good shots. So I take full responsibility for my lack of quality pics :o

ChrisA
Feb 24, 2006, 05:37 PM
I have no intention of buying any more lenses. I went through that in my teens when I was really keen. I think one of the reasons I got bored with the whole photography thing was I had to much kit. I only bought a DSLR because of the higher quality of the lens the manual controls and the speed of the lens. I really believe it is not the kit but the person behind the lens that takes the good shots. So I take full responsibility for my lack of quality pics :o

You are absolutly right. To many people have more money than skill. You can spot them from a long ways off.

I always say the next thing to buy is a good heavy duty tripod. Not only will it make you image much sharper but it forces the photographer to think. You set up the shot then look tweek it a bit, lokk tweek and so on and then press the release,

Clix Pix
Feb 25, 2006, 12:20 AM
I always say the next thing to buy is a good heavy duty tripod. Not only will it make you image much sharper but it forces the photographer to think. You set up the shot then look tweek it a bit, lokk tweek and so on and then press the release,

Soooo true! A tripod is an invaluable tool and while yes, it can be a bit of a nuisance at times, the results that one can get from using a tripod can make all the difference between an "OK" shot and a great shot.