PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 mods?

livingfortoday
Feb 26, 2006, 03:10 AM
Ok, this is going to sound weird... but. Has anyone seen any major iMac G5 mods anywhere on the net? I can't seem to find anything past fan mods. I've been trying really hard to find a good project to start on, and that PC in a G5 posted in this thread really has me goin' now. So. I've seen the PC in a G3 iMac mod, anyone seen anything major done to a G5?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and if this is in the wrong part of the forum, please feel free to move it where it belongs. I just figured people in this thread might know.

tag
Feb 26, 2006, 03:20 AM
Well this is a G3 (http://www.tuaw.com/2005/05/05/best-mac-ever/) but hey, maybe you could make one out of a G5? :p

EDIT: Ah just realized you said iMac not powermac. Sorry.

chasingapple
Feb 26, 2006, 03:27 AM
Well this is a G3 (http://www.tuaw.com/2005/05/05/best-mac-ever/) but hey, maybe you could make one out of a G5? :p

WOOHOO! Where do I get me one of those?!!!

Platform
Feb 26, 2006, 06:20 AM
Ok, this is going to sound weird... but. Has anyone seen any major iMac G5 mods anywhere on the net? I can't seem to find anything past fan mods. I've been trying really hard to find a good project to start on, and that PC in a G5 posted in this thread really has me goin' now. So. I've seen the PC in a G3 iMac mod, anyone seen anything major done to a G5?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and if this is in the wrong part of the forum, please feel free to move it where it belongs. I just figured people in this thread might know.

Just to ask..are you going to heavily mod a Rev C iMac....:eek: ...it's brand new :confused:

livingfortoday
Feb 26, 2006, 12:10 PM
Just to ask..are you going to heavily mod a Rev C iMac....:eek: ...it's brand new :confused:

No no no! Oh, lord no! That would be a crime. Also, it would void my warranty :p . I'm thinking of getting the outside shell of an iMac and playing around with that a bit, to see what I can do with it. I've seen people put an LCD and PC into a G3 iMac, and I thought about doing something similar. I've just got a lot of worries, however, (primarily heat and clearance), so I wanted to see if anyone else had tried anything similar.

It's weird, you don't really appreciate how ingenious Apple's designs are until you try to emulate them.