PDA

View Full Version : tilted ibook screen?

calebjohnston
Feb 26, 2006, 11:41 PM
My screen on my iBook is actually tilting on the left side down a little more than the right side. Is there a repair for this that is covered by warranty? I didn't do anything to cause this, I just noticed it now.

Or, could loosening a screw a bit on the underside near the hinge level it out?

alexstein
Feb 26, 2006, 11:45 PM
It's probably a job for professionals if you can bring it to the nearest apple store. I think you have to take pretty much most of your ibook apart (at least both covers) in order to level that hinge out again.

calebjohnston
Feb 26, 2006, 11:47 PM
oh, lovely. it's not much but it's definitely enough to bother me so i guess i should.

calebjohnston
Feb 27, 2006, 07:41 AM
Is that going to be covered by warranty?

alexstein
Feb 27, 2006, 07:45 AM
Is that going to be covered by warranty?

How old is your iBook? ..I don't see why not..

calebjohnston
Feb 27, 2006, 11:25 AM
It's only a few months old, 2 or 3. Just wanted to make sure that it's something warranty covered.

alexstein
Feb 27, 2006, 12:15 PM
Just explain the situation to a Genius or Store Assistant and I'm pretty sure that they will take care of it.

calebjohnston
Mar 6, 2006, 09:19 PM
They didn't fix it, just as I thought. I just give up on technology all together, I hate it. I'm so sick of paying full price for things that don't work properly, only to recieve no help in fixing the problem.

I'll just be dealing with it for the next two years or so, hating that store every day, until it's time to get a new one - which will be ordered online.

rockandrule
Mar 6, 2006, 09:28 PM
Wow, that would really anger me. Do you have any other stores locally? That would piss me off beyond belief. What don't they understand about a manufacture defect? What exactly did they tell you?

alexstein
Mar 6, 2006, 11:04 PM
That is kind of strange that they did not fix this for you. What did they say about it. This can't be normal. Maybe call Apple Customer Support and hear what they have to say.

Warbrain
Mar 7, 2006, 06:38 AM
They'll probably only fix it if it's totally loose and really angling towards one side. If it's something slight, they won't fix it. You may think they should, but it's probably not totally covered by the warranty.

calebjohnston
Mar 7, 2006, 08:04 AM
yeah, i mean.. it really only is slight. but it's still brand new and now i'll have to live with it for the next two years. just sucks.