PDA

View Full Version : Refurb G5's GALORE!

MacTruck
Mar 1, 2006, 02:16 AM
The apple store usually has a few G5's for sale in its refurb section, they are hard to spot but in the morning you will find a few.

Right now practically every model of G5 powermac they ever sold is for sale in the refurb section. LOL.

I have been waiting for the price to drop on the Quad for a while now. I want the last great PPC Mac ever made but not for $3300, thats robbery. I can't believe they still have not come down in price. Usually by know it drops to $2999. They can't even dump the refurb ones for $2799. I want one for $2100 because frankly that's all they are worth now.

generik
Mar 1, 2006, 02:58 AM
I don't care what's in it, as long as it is of the inferior architecture (PPC that is) it is worth no more than $1000 to me :rolleyes:

Clydefrog
Mar 1, 2006, 02:43 PM
wow....harsh words:rolleyes:

Lord Blackadder
Mar 1, 2006, 02:56 PM
I'd love to pick up a G5 tower....any G5 tower really. But I can't drop $1000 on one...I'll be in the market for a new Mac this summer but I'm probably going to get a MacBook Pro, unless nobody figures out how to boot XP on one, in which case I'll probably be forced to get a PC laptop for my grad work.

Since Photoshop is still PPC I can't see prices dropping too much on the Quad at least until the PowerMac goes Intel or Adobe releases UBs.

godbout
Mar 1, 2006, 03:29 PM
I don't care what's in it, as long as it is of the inferior architecture (PPC that is) it is worth no more than $1000 to me :rolleyes:
Gimme a break, right now there are no intel chips that run clock for clock better than G5 does... that might not be true for long... but right now the G5 is just as good as any intel chip out there. Not to mention that the G5 comes with higher clock/more processors than the intel chips currently do. Save this post until when Conroe comes out...

Tilmitt
Mar 1, 2006, 03:38 PM
You are truly a fool if you believe x86 to be a superior architecture. It's just plain not true. It's a CISC monstrosity.

darwen
Mar 1, 2006, 03:54 PM
You are truly a fool if you believe x86 to be a superior architecture. It's just plain not true. It's a CISC monstrosity.

I wish I understood this conversation. :rolleyes:

MacTruck
Mar 1, 2006, 04:11 PM
I don't care what apple comes out with next. I want the quad. For $1000. :D