PDA

View Full Version : NIN fans

GigaWire
Feb 2, 2002, 12:50 PM
I jusy picked up the "And all that could have been" ,by Nine Inch Nails, CD yesterday. In the liner notes there is an interesting note:

"Alll audio was edited, assembled and manipulated on Apple Macintosh computers using Digidesign's Pro Tools software."

never seen a mention of the computer used before.

macfreek57
Feb 2, 2002, 01:05 PM
yeah they had an article on apple.com for a while about how they made their new dvd with a mac

me hate windows
Feb 2, 2002, 01:09 PM
My brother is a artist trying to get himself known. Right now he uses a G4 667 with a Motu 896 and a Motu 828. If you don't know what those are they are gizmos that plug into the firewire port and you plug your mic, guitar, and any other instrument into it and it sends it to the Mac and you can edit it with software like Protools as said above, or the quadrabillions of other programs.

Go to www.motu.com:)

eyelikeart
Feb 2, 2002, 01:15 PM
it's pretty well known of Trent Reznor's love for Macinsoth computers....

I know he recorded "the fragile" on Macintosh....

as a matter of fact, I think I recently read an article which says he's been with Macintosh since the begining.... :p

neut
Feb 2, 2002, 06:47 PM
trent has always been a fan of apple. he's done multiple interviews on apple.com and usually raves about apple's products in tech interviews. the nin camp has been know to use PC's on occassion for specific issues, but they've always been apple users at heart. check-out nin.com and sometimes they'll have web shots of there multiple (apple networked) sudios. Huge RAIDS and flat apple displays.

nin inspired me too pursue art/music as a career. there just a bunch of geeks with the latest toys and that always appealed to me. many talented artists have been a part of the nin crew:

richard patrick (filter), chris verenna (tweaker/remixer/producer), charlie claouser (remixer/producer), danny lohner (remixer/producer) to name a few . . .

MaxRool
Feb 4, 2002, 07:08 AM
Did you know Douglas Adams wrote all his books on Mac's as well.

So they are used for more than just music!

rastalin94
Feb 4, 2002, 08:21 AM
if you go to the NIN web site
www.andallthatcouldhavebeen.com

and under general information it also states that everything was done on Apple hardware.

barkmonster
Feb 4, 2002, 09:32 AM
...Infact one tune on his last album just used a Powerbook and software synths.

I think BT and Trent Reznor are 2 people who apple should use in their marketing, well they already used BT in the Powerbook G4 ads but you know what I mean.

People have a lot of respect for the artists they follow, I know that the fact almost every musician I'm a fan of uses a mac to make their music had a definate influence on me sticking with the Atari ST platform until I could afford a powermac. I could have gone the windows route and saved a few hundred or so but it never seemed worth it because I've only really used macs and atari's my whole life for both work and as my home computer.

eyelikeart
Feb 4, 2002, 10:00 AM
he's another who's very fond of Macintosh.... :p

zed
Feb 4, 2002, 03:33 PM
pretty good article

to be found here....... (http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-000007664jan31.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dtechnology)

macfreek57
Feb 4, 2002, 05:42 PM
zed, who are you ?

and who is BT?

a rapper?

zed
Feb 4, 2002, 08:28 PM
uhm... just someone who often reads but never posts..... and who lives near N.O.

BT, techno-guy, raver

eyelikeart
Feb 5, 2002, 06:18 PM
zed's dead baby.....zed's dead...

sorry I couldn't resist!! :p