PDA

View Full Version : when exactly will the intel ibook come out??

iKucing
Mar 8, 2006, 03:12 AM
when exactly will the new intel ibook be launched??? anyone know for sure??? and will it include the built-in isight???:confused:

edesignuk
Mar 8, 2006, 03:16 AM
Fairly obviously :rolleyes: no one here or anywhere (except maybe the Apple engineering labs/sales) can tell you when it will be out or what it will feature.

iKucing
Mar 8, 2006, 03:23 AM
Fairly obviously :rolleyes: no one here or anywhere (expect maybe the Apple engineering labs/sales) can tell you when it will be out or what it will feature.

lol i know :p i just can't wait...

Chundles
Mar 8, 2006, 03:44 AM
lol i know :p i just can't wait...

April 6th, 10:42am Cupertino time. Includes built-in iSight, Mag-safe connector, Superdrive, 13.3" widescreen 1280x800. Slightly whiter shade of white.
:p

Deepdale
Mar 8, 2006, 04:05 AM
April 6th, 10:42am Cupertino time. Includes built-in iSight, Mag-safe connector, Superdrive, 13.3" widescreen 1280x800. Slightly whiter shade of white.

At last, a man in the know! :) I do hope they move away from the white (even though I never get my wish). The specs will prove to be far in excess of my needs since I have never put either my first or current Mac through anything that would come close to a rigorous workout.

dcv
Mar 8, 2006, 04:15 AM
April 6th, 10:42am Cupertino time.

But, but, April 6th is a Thursday. Surely you mean the 4th? :p

edesignuk
Mar 8, 2006, 04:19 AM
Steve-o will announce it when, and only when, I say I'm happy with the machine, and am good and ready.

http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/smilies/dogeyes.gif

Chundles
Mar 8, 2006, 04:20 AM
But, but, April 6th is a Thursday. Surely you mean the 4th? :p

Nah, I mean the 6th. That means I have something to do over my weekend - whinge about the integrated graphics - rather than hang around till Tuesday morning to get any new news.

jacobj
Mar 8, 2006, 04:51 AM
Nah, I mean the 6th. That means I have something to do over my weekend - whinge about the integrated graphics - rather than hang around till Tuesday morning to get any new news.

You are of course referring to the shipping date. SJ will announce it 01 April 2006 at 10:57, if his keynote runs according to rehearsals. The other day he got so carried away ad-libbing about the new ipod video, tablet, 50" displays, BT Mighty Mouse, Leapord's new finder and the MacGame Pro console with 900 Core Duos and 15 Crossfired ATI X1800s that he over ran by 67 seconds.

Edit: I forgot to say that 90% of games currently on the market have been updated to run on OSX in Universal Binaries and will be available for download from the iTunes store for $199

Chundles
Mar 8, 2006, 04:57 AM
You are of course referring to the shipping date. SJ will announce it 01 April 2006 at 10:57, if his keynote runs according to rehearsals. The other day he got so carried away ad-libbing about the new ipod video, tablet, 50" displays, BT Mighty Mouse, Leapord's new finder and the MacGame Pro console with 900 Core Duos and 15 Crossfired ATI X1800s that he over ran by 67 seconds.

Edit: I forgot to say that 90% of games currently on the market have been updated to run on OSX in Universal Binaries and will be available for download from the iTunes store for $199

Nope. The 6th.

1st is just silly. A Saturday? Not likely.

aswitcher
Mar 8, 2006, 05:10 AM
Nope. The 6th.

1st is just silly. A Saturday? Not likely.

30th Anniversary...Why not. Announce Friday afternoon so it still gets picked up by the weekend press.

mad jew
Mar 8, 2006, 05:21 AM
I've already got an Intel-processored iBook. It just takes some patience, a hammer and some chewing gum. :cool:

If you want the same, send your machines my way.

Chundles
Mar 8, 2006, 05:23 AM
30th Anniversary...Why not. Announce Friday afternoon so it still gets picked up by the weekend press.

Weekend press is actually less than the coverage during the week. It's why Apple has typically released new products early in the week so that they get the tech coverage in the main papers and the w/e stuff is usually just summarised from the weekday stories.

It's why a lot of the OS X point releases come out out on Fridays, to avoid the brunt of press scrutiny. You notice it even on the MR front page, the MacBytes section is dead on Sunday and Monday our time but springs back into action on Tuesday.

You do realise I just pulled the date out of my arse. I think the 4th is more likely. The tuesday after the saturday anniversary.

Chundles
Mar 8, 2006, 05:24 AM
I've already got an Intel-processored iBook. It just takes some patience, a hammer and some chewing gum. :cool:

If you want the same, send your machines my way.

I knew you were MacGuyver.

sunfast
Mar 8, 2006, 05:26 AM
when exactly will the new intel ibook be launched??? anyone know for sure??? and will it include the built-in isight???:confused:

As you might have guessed, nobody really knows, but the 30th anniversary seems a very good guess. I'd say there is a good chance we'll see them then. But what will they look like? And have inside?

mad jew
Mar 8, 2006, 05:32 AM
I knew you were MacGuyver.

It's what happens when you have Boonie for a dad and jsw for another dad... Hmm... I just realised I only have dads... :o

Chuck Norris is the other one.

Deepdale
Mar 8, 2006, 05:34 AM
You do realise I just pulled the date out of my arse.

One can never have enough storage space. At least you have a multitasking arse ...

Stridder44
Mar 8, 2006, 07:32 AM
http://www.jmusheneaux.com/WINDOWS/JOBS/2003%20Steve-Jobs003.jpg

Steve Jobs tells you when he's good n ready.

m-dogg
Mar 8, 2006, 07:32 AM

Oh my god, the million dollar question!

I'm in the market for a laptop right now, but I think I'm gonna try and wait until around 4/1 to take the plunge, just to see if anything cool gets released.

Well, for the February 28th Event that Apple just held, invitations went out on February 21st. If they held a media event for the Mac Mini, iPod speakers & some leather, I think they'll probably do the same for the iBooks. So hopefully we'll hear about an Apple event being announced by the 28th or 29th of March...

ieani
Mar 8, 2006, 08:18 AM

June 31!!! Its the ibooks birthday!!!