PDA

View Full Version : Will Apple Replace Your Buds?

crazyfortech
Mar 10, 2006, 09:09 PM
My iPod headphones keep on crackling and sometimes you can't hear out of one of them. They really suck! Can I go into an Apple Store and ask them to reaplace them, Should I bring my iPod with? Is there any other things I need to bring wiht?

Will Apple actually replace my buds?

Cougarcat
Mar 10, 2006, 09:27 PM
My iPod headphones keep on crackling and sometimes you can't hear out of one of them. They really suck! Can I go into an Apple Store and ask them to reaplace them, Should I bring my iPod with? Is there any other things I need to bring wiht?

Will Apple actually replace my buds?

If your iPod is under warranty, they'll send you a pair for free. I broke mine by accident, submitted a form at apple.com, and they came within a few days.

TDM21
Mar 10, 2006, 09:28 PM
If your iPod is still under warrenty then Apple will replace your ear buds no questions asked. Just go to the iPod service site here: http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/. In a few days you will have a new set of earbuds at your front door.

I'm sure if you take the earbuds to an Apple Store they will replace them also.

Ahhh, Cougarcat beat me to it. :)

jkelly888
Mar 10, 2006, 09:38 PM
do you have to send the broken set into them?

technicolor
Mar 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
do you have to send the broken set into them?yes and if you dont they will charge your credit card 19.95

Kingsly
Mar 10, 2006, 10:06 PM
yes and if you dont they will charge your credit card 19.95
What? I've been through like six pairs of iPod buds and never had to send them in/gotten charged for them. They all had the symptoms of the OP's buds. (I never go over 75% volume on my iPod)
I even asked an AppleCare rep if they will eventually get mad or something because I keep requesting new buds. The answer was a resounding NO and that if they crackle don't hesitate to ask for replacement.

technicolor
Mar 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
What? I've been through like six pairs of iPod buds and never had to send them in/gotten charged for them. They all had the symptoms of the OP's buds. (I never go over 75% volume on my iPod)
I even asked an AppleCare rep if they will eventually get mad or something because I keep requesting new buds. The answer was a resounding NO and that if they crackle don't hesitate to ask for replacement.
Well I just tried to it online and I was asked for my cc number and it said if you dont send the defective product back within a few days you will be charged 19.95 and yes I have applecare as well.

*shrugs*

TDM21
Mar 10, 2006, 11:53 PM
Well I just tried to it online and I was asked for my cc number and it said if you dont send the defective product back within a few days you will be charged 19.95 and yes I have applecare as well.

*shrugs*

That's odd. I've went through two sets of earbuds and a firewire cable and I didn't have to send any of it back to apple. Hardware and accessories are covered under AppleCare so the earbuds should be free of charge.

Glenn Wolsey
Mar 10, 2006, 11:55 PM
I really need another pair of buds, my current ones sound so low in bass compared to my sisters new buds.

Kingsly
Mar 11, 2006, 01:27 AM

*shrugs*
Im requesting a new pair of buds right now... will post my experience...

Kingsly
Mar 11, 2006, 01:39 AM
Holy #$@*! :eek: They changed their self service page! I guess I'll be going to the Apple store tomorrow.
Dang. What happened Apple? $19? Dang. This is new, last month I got my A/V cable replaced (the wire was coming undone) and they did not do this. :mad: :mad:

applemacdude
Mar 11, 2006, 01:59 AM
they sai they will charge if you dont return it... but they never ask you to return it... its not worth it for them

pdpfilms
Mar 11, 2006, 02:28 AM
they sai they will charge if you dont return it... but they never ask you to return it... its not worth it for them
..complete contradiction? So they will charge you for not sending your old ones, but they never ask you to return them. Isn't the part where they tell you they'll charge you the equivalent of them asking you to send them back?

I confused.

And I want my ibuds replaced.

technicolor
Mar 11, 2006, 02:48 AM
they sai they will charge if you dont return it... but they never ask you to return it... its not worth it for themwell give me your cc number so just in case they change their minds , it wont show up on mine :p