PDA

View Full Version : powerbook cd drive not working

sikkinixx
Mar 10, 2006, 11:38 PM
uh oh my 12" pb's cd drive aint working... I was just ripping some cd's and then once i put a new on in it took the cd, made a weird buzz...... then another, the it spat the disc back out. i have tried several other cd's and it keeps spitting them back out! i have restarted a few times and i cant figure out what is going on!!! i hate these drives.....

Shamus
Mar 11, 2006, 12:10 AM
is it possible that something could have gotten into the drive, which could be jamming it?

sikkinixx
Mar 11, 2006, 12:11 AM
unlikely because i took a cd out after ripping it, then put another one in about 30 seconds later and it wouldnt work :(

mad jew
Mar 11, 2006, 12:48 AM
Did any of the disks have stickers on them? Is there a chance some adhesive came off in the drive? In the meantime, try a PRAM reset (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238) although it doesn't sound like a software-related problem at this stage. :o

sikkinixx
Mar 11, 2006, 01:11 AM
thanks i will give that a shot, this is bumming me out, i dont wanna have to send this damn thing back to Apple.

Skull21
Mar 11, 2006, 01:28 AM
uh oh my 12" pb's cd drive aint working... I was just ripping some cd's and then once i put a new on in it took the cd, made a weird buzz...... then another, the it spat the disc back out. i have tried several other cd's and it keeps spitting them back out! i have restarted a few times and i cant figure out what is going on!!! i hate these drives.....
I had the same thing happen on my 15" PB, when I stick in a DVD/CD it just spits out the disc in like a couple of seconds. I've read on apple discussions where other people have this same problem after a year. Hope someone helps out or I'll need to replace it...

sikkinixx
Mar 12, 2006, 02:46 AM
i tried the pmu stuff and no go, *sigh* looks like its apple care crap for moi. Do you call up apple and ship it back to them? or bring it back to where i bought it etc.?

mad jew
Mar 12, 2006, 02:49 AM
i tried the pmu stuff and no go, *sigh* looks like its apple care crap for moi.

Yeah, it was a long shot. :o

Do you call up apple and ship it back to them? or bring it back to where i bought it etc.?

Whatever's easier for you. :)

macisshit
Mar 2, 2010, 12:03 PM
Cant believe all this crap I have been waiting for some kind of response to do with loading a cd, and still not working, I think I will go back to windows, MAC SORT YOUR **** OUT :eek: