Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Echoes1024

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
I have a .ISO image that I downloaded from the internet (legal live bootlegs :p) that has MLP tracks, DTS tracks and Dolby Digital tracks. Essentially a AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. How can I burn this disc to a DVD-A so I can listen to the MLP tracks on my DVD-Audio player?

EDIT: Do I simply burn this as a normal ISO image? The instructions do suggest this, but their for NERO. Can Toast or Disc Blaze burn ISO images?

Greenjeens

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2005
California
Echoes1024 said:
I have a .ISO image that I downloaded from the internet (legal live bootlegs :p) that has MLP tracks, DTS tracks and Dolby Digital tracks. Essentially a AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. How can I burn this disc to a DVD-A so I can listen to the MLP tracks on my DVD-Audio player?

EDIT: Do I simply burn this as a normal ISO image? The instructions do suggest this, but their for NERO. Can Toast or Disc Blaze burn ISO images?

I'm pretty clueless to DVD-A audio and may have misunderstood the problem...
but check out Disc welder bronze. The $3000 Discwelder Chrome does MLP DVD-A.
I don't know how you get from your file to DVD-A though.

Toast 7 has an ISO 9660 option under the "data disc" burning format? Not sure what format that is?
Toast will burn PCM 96khz/24 bit standard music DVD's, but the Toast 7 Manual states that DVD-A requires a special player and to not confuse Music DVD with DVD-Audio.

This reviewer describes a Mac DVD-A set up using Bronze...

http://www.proaudioreview.com/december04/Minnetonka.shtml
"Since Bronze is lean version of DVD-A authoring, all the tracks are automatically placed in a single Group, Group 1. The DVD-A standard allows multiple Group creation.

Bronze allows burning of up to 24-bit/192 kHz linear PCM stereo files and 24-bit/48 kHz 5.1 channel files. To author 5.1 in high resolution, the Meridian Lossless Packing (MLP) coding scheme is necessary, which Bronze does not support...."

http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/news/2004/bronzeOSX.html

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
superbovine said:
Bootleg - To produce, distribute, or sell without permission or illegally

It's evolved into a term simply meaning "recording of a live show". Quite a few artists sell "bootlegs" of their concerts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.