Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
My ipod has been off and on hold and somehow randomly it has been turning on. Sometimes like 5 hours after the last time I used it. I tried reinstalling software but it still happens. What could be up? What can I do?

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
For what it's worth, I was having this problem too. I discovered that several things can turn on my iPod (2G/20GB) without much provocation:

* If I don't "lock" the keys, a random bump can press play.
* Even if the keys are locked, if I have the remote plugged in, it can also start the iPod playing if one of its buttons is pressed.
* If either/both the iPod and remote buttons are "locked," I've also had various items in my purse click the little switch to the "unlocked" position. Thereafter, the above points apply.

It seems I've encountered these situations both when my iPod is in its little case, and when it's just floating around in my purse.

Anyhow, it's a bummer whatever the cause - hope you figure it out.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
cleared, deleted all files, reinstalled then cleared again, no problems so far but its only been a couple hours, I'll post tomorrow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.