PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store coming to Richmond, VA

dricci
Jan 29, 2003, 09:36 PM
Per MacNN (http://www.macnn.com/news.php?id=18269):

A new Apple retail outlet is among the stores planned for the new "Short Pump Town Center (http://macnn.com/rd.php?id=4184)" mall in Richmond, Virginia. The mall, which was described by a local MacNN reader as "upscale" is expected to open this Fall. Other stores include Nordstrom, Crate & Barrel, and Pottery Barn.

I'm in Falls Church. Anybody wanna car pool to the opening? :D

arn
Feb 2, 2003, 01:02 PM
I'm glad a store is coming to Richmond. I'll be moving there in 2004. :)

arn

MacFan25
Feb 2, 2003, 07:05 PM
I wish they would build an Apple store near me.

Harmonic
Feb 2, 2003, 07:37 PM
If your in Falls Church, there is an Apple store in Tyson Corner Mall upstair near the Sears store, MUCH closer.

dricci
Feb 2, 2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Harmonic
If your in Falls Church, there is an Apple store in Tyson Corner Mall upstair near the Sears store, MUCH closer.

Yeah, I was at the grand opening of tysons, but I want to see the Richmond store grand opening, too :D

Mr. Anderson
Feb 3, 2003, 03:04 PM
Clarendon is probably even closer, but what's so special about a grand openning? The stores are nice, but do they give away anything special?

D

ShaolinMiddleFinger
Feb 7, 2003, 12:17 AM
There's going to be an Apple Store in Hawaii!!!!!!!!!

I was at Ala Moana Center yesterday and I saw the area blocked off with black walls and a apple logo with www.apple.com on the bottom.

I can't wait!

I always wanted one to open up in Hawaii but I didn't think they would open one up here so quickly.

medea
Feb 7, 2003, 12:33 PM
http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/story/6074804p-7030961c.html
The Sacramento Bee reports that Apple will open a new retail store at Sacramento's Arden Fair Mall this spring. An Apple spokeswoman declined to comment on unannounced store openings, but a senior manager at the mall confirmed Apple had signed papers to move into 3,600 square feet previously occupied by the jeweler Bailey, Banks & Biddle. He said Apple would likely move in after renovations are completed sometime in May. Arden Fair's Web site currently lists Apple as a tenant at the second-floor location in the middle of the mall near Nordstrom.

Billicus
Feb 7, 2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
I wish they would build an Apple store near me.

Ditto. I can't complain though. There are two within a days drive - but I sure wish there was one closer. But, I don't want my local retailer to go out of bussiness. :o

MacsRgr8
Feb 7, 2003, 07:14 PM
When will there be an Apple Store somewhere in Europe? If they would open one in Paris, I'll check it out! Or Dusseldorf, or London.... Amsterdam (best, ofcourse :D )....

Raiden
Feb 8, 2003, 01:38 PM
Hey I live in richmond!!! Woohoo!!

Short Pump mall? Yeah I went to short pump elementary school. I live 2 miles from short pump.

Too bad by the time the mall is completed (its still being built) I will be in college 2 hours away...:)

Thanks for the info!!!!!! Why is this a page 2 rumor? :(